National & International Events - Current Affairs for January, 2017
National & International Events Current Affairs for January, 2017Month wise coverage of National & International Events Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing National & International Events Current Affairs January, 20171. Read the most important National & International Events Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our National & International Events MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ Festival of India to be held in Netherlands [01-19-17]
A Festival of India is being organized in the Netherlands from 26 January – 27 March 2017.
The Festival will showcase diverse Indian culture.
These include classical and folk dances, music, and exhibition on handmade ethnically sourced silk clothes and accessories.
The events will be held in the cities of The Hague, Amsterdam, Rotterdam/Maastricht, Utrecht, Eindhoven and Groningen.
During the Festival, the following events will be showcased:
- 13-member Kathak Dance by Aditi Mangaldas Kathak Dance Group
- 15-member Bhojpuri Folk Dance from North Zone Cultural Centre
- 4-member Classical Instrumental Music Group of Subhash Ghosh
- 3-member Exhibition-cum-Demonstration on Handmade ethnically sourced silk clothes and accessories by Dr. Sanjay Kumar, Director, Sewa Bharat
- 10-member Bharatnatyam Dance by Dr Sanddhya V. Pureccha.
Netherlands: Know More
- The Netherlands is a country in northwestern Europe.
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
- Official languages: Dutch, Papiamento, Frisian
- Government Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
- Monarch: Willem-Alexander
- Prime Minister: Mark Rutte
- Legislature States: General
- Upper house: Senate
- Lower house: House of Representatives
- Kingdom established: 16 March 1815
- Constituent country: 15 December 1954
▼ 77 session of Indian History Congress inaugurated in Kerala [01-2-17]
President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the 77th session of Indian History Congress (IHC).
It was inaugurated at University of Kerala in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Over 3,000 historians and research scholars are participating in the 3-day session of IHC.
The IHC is the largest professional and academic body of Indian historians with over 10,000 members.
Radha Champakalakshmi of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is current President of IHC.
|Chronology of events
Seeking to give a greater momentum to their strategic relationship, India and France’s PM on Jan 9th discussed a wide spectrum of issues, including defence and terrorism, with the French side saying the bilateral ties should move forward with the speed of a Rafale fighter jet.
The hotline established in 2015 between Barack Obama and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will continue to exist after the outgoing US President hands over the baton to his successor Donald Trump on January 20.