Overweight air hostess are fired – shall we fire overweight policeman and physically unfit politicians?
The topic needs to be understood thoroughly. Three professions are described here:-
- Air hostess
We need to understand that the nature of jobs for all these professions is very different.
An air hostess interacts with hundreds of people everyday. She works more like a customer service agent.
It is important that she is charming and fit. After all she needs to serve the passengers. Hence it is necessary to fire over weight air hostesses.
On the other hand, it does not matter politicians are unfit.
- Politicians are supposed to use their intelligence, analytical skills and smartness to frame out different policies and strategies for the citizens. All the attributes are independent of their weight!
- History has proved that so many politicians who weren’t physically fit have done a lot for the country.
- They need to concentrate on delicate issues like poverty, drainage etc rather than their weight.
- Obviously, this does not mean they can be “unfit” and spoil their health!
Policemen, to some extent should be physically fit.
- Their work is strenuous most of the times.
- They are supposed to physically and mentally protect the citizens.
- They may need to run behind thieves, criminals etc. it is important they should be physically fit.
- They can be given warnings and a time span to reduce weight. If they fail to do so, they must be fired.