What is the importance of communication within an organisation?Communication within an organization is one of the key elements responsible for its success and congenial atmosphere. Better communication in an organization brings following results:
1. Better employer – employee relationship
2. Lesser confusions within the employees and with the management
3. Better productivity as the goals are clearly stated and conveyed with a clear work path
4. Better communication helps in implementing changes easily
5. Its boosts up the confidence level of the employees
6. The employees in an organization with clear communication are better motivated
7. Employees will have lesser grievances in a clear communication environment
How can better communication help in effectively implementing the change management?Communication plays an extremely important role in the process of implementing change. Resistance to change occurs because of:
- Fear of change
- Not being a part of the change process
- People moving away from their comfort zones
- Low level of trust In being able to manage change
- Wrong information about the need for change
However, all these problems can be better managed with open and clear communication.
What is the role of HR department in internal communication in an organisation?In small to medium size organization usually it is the HR department which initiates and establishes the process of internal communication. HR department is the one that lays down various employee related policies and has the complete information about their implementation. So, HR department play a vital role in the implementation of internal communication system in an organization.
What are the various tools that can be used for an effective internal communication?Various tools which can be used for an effective internal communication are:
i.) Small Group meeting
ii.) Big group meetings
iii.) Open House
iv.) Notice boards
vi.) Internal newsletters
x.) Targeted desktop messages
xi.) Effective screen saver messages
What is the role of communication in implementing an effective disciplinary system?Every organization requires some work ethics and disciplinary system to be followed for efficient working and maintaining work culture. However it is a big challenge to ensure that the disciplinary system is properly implemented.
Communication plays an effective role in efficient implementation of the system. Some of the activities that can be done to ensure the implementation of an effective disciplinary system are:
i.) Putting up the notices on the notice boards
ii.) Updating the guidelines and putting them on the intranet
iii.) Communicating them through the e—mail.
What is the importance of communication while taking a disciplinary action?A disciplinary action can invoke a feeling of mistrust among not only the employee against whom the action is being taken but also his fellow employees.
In order to avoid this feeling of mistrust against the employer, it is important to:
- Document the disciplinary procedure and communicate it to all the employees
- Provide a clear reference to the activities and the disciplinary action they call for according to the guidelines.
- Ensure that the employee against whom the action is being taken understands and accepts his behaviours against which the action is being taken.
And, all these can be achieved only if you have clear communication system in place.
What makes effective internal communication difficult?The major difficulties faced by the organizations in implementation of an effective internal communication system are:
- Gap in receiving the information
- Geographically divided work force
- Using ineffective and inefficient way of communication
- Message falling on deaf ears and blind eyes
What tools do you propose to use for communication with virtual work force?Tools which you can use to communicate with virtual work force include:
ii.) Instant Messengers
ix.) Online document management systems
x.) Virtual Private Network
Which tools do you propose should be used for communication during crisis?Tools which you can use for communication during crisis are:
i.) Internal/ External social media – depending on the issue
ii.) Executive Blog
iv.) Addressing large groups of employees
v.) Press Conference
Lay Off - Human Resources Interview Questions & Answers
Lay Off interview questions & answers for freshers & experienced candidates in HR department. Questions on Lay Off process, reasons, effects, factors etc. Useful for university exams, internship, job & placement interview, PSU exams, lecturers. Question bank with sample answers & examples for positions like HR generalist, HR Manager, HR executive, HR specialists etc.
Grievance Handling - Human Resources Interview Questions & Answers
Grievance Handling interview questions & answers for freshers & experienced candidates in HR department. Questions on Grievance Handling process, importance, reasons, features, ways to find grievances etc. Useful for university exams, internship, job & placement interview, PSU exams, lecturers. Question bank with sample answers & examples for positions like HR generalist, HR Manager, HR executive, HR specialists etc.
e-HRM - Human Resources Interview Questions & Answers
e-HRM interview questions & answers for freshers & experienced candidates in HR department. Questions on e-HRM & its nature, implications, advantages, disadvantages etc. Useful for university exams, internship, job & placement interview, PSU exams, lecturers. Question bank with sample answers & examples for positions like HR generalist, HR Manager, HR executive, HR specialists etc.