Linux process states - What are the process states in Linux?
What are the process states in Linux?The following are the process states:
1. Running: This is a state where a process is either in running or ready to run.
2. Interruptible: This state is a blocked state of a process which awaits for an event or a signal from another process
3. Uninterruptible: It is also a blocked state. The process is forced to halt for certain condition that a hardware status is waited and a signal could not be handled.
4. Stopped: Once the process is completed, this state occurs. This process can be restarted
5. Zombie: In this state, the process will be terminated and the information will still be available in the process table.