Business Systems Analyst Resume - Sample 1
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No.: 99732*****
To be part of a company which supports high quality software development projects, working with stock holders, customers develop technical and functional specifications.
- Conducting JAD sessions.
- Translating business requirments into system requirement.
- Documenting functional and non functional requirements.
- Creating application Prototypes and screen mock-ups.
- Experience in using VISIO, MS office.
- Experience in Enterprise Software Projects.
Technical SkillsBusiness modeling :
Microsoft Visio, IBM Rational Rose.Documentation :
Microsoft Word, Rational Requisite ProFront end tools :
Microsoft front page, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, .Net, Java, J2EEVersion Tools :
Clear Case / Clear Quest Defect Tracking :
Mercury Quality CenterTesting :
Mercury Quick Test Pro, Win RunnerLanguages :
SQLAcess, PL / SQL, VB Script, Java Script, C, C++, HTML, VHDLDatabases :
Oracle 8.x / 9i / 10g, MS Access, MS SQL Server, DB2Operating Systems :
Windows NT / 2000 / 95 / 98 / XP, UNIX, Linux (SSL, VPN)
XYZ 2006 - 2012Industry:
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with Clinical Services Dept. to gather business requirements with software team
- Designed solutions for proprietary patent
- Developed Use Cases and Test Scenarios
- Captured existing processes and performed process
- Developed User Stories, Use Cases and Test Scenarios
- Performed process improvement reengineering
- Experienced with Agile Methodology
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with Mortgage Services to gather business requirements and with software teams
- Developed functional specifications
- Developed use cases
- Captured existing processes and performed process improvement reengineering for workflow
- Served as Project Leader for software development projects
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Two years in the field serving XCS Business Unit
- Prepare Software Functional Specifications as per Business Requirements
- Specialized in Workflow software for call center environments
- Prepared training materials for new employee
- Specialist in business process analysis
Business Systems Analyst
- 100% improvement in system quality assurance methods.
- Facilitated all testing efforts.
- Coordinated system changes.
- Managed research and development projects using a project development methodology.
- Implemented standard software system development methodology.
- Developed documentation standards and standard formats for computer based software.
- Master of Science in Quality Assurance, xyz Institute of Technology, India
- Bachelor of Science in Comp science VCS University, India
Personal DetailsLanguages known:
English, Hindi and TamilHobbies:
Shopping, RoamingDate of Birth:
Business Systems Analyst Resume - Sample 2
- Business Systems Analyst professional in financial domain with solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling.
- Scope identification and requirements gathering via meetings, interviews, interface analysis, research, etc.
- Experience in documentation of business requirements and system functional specifications in the form of Use Cases. Produced Use Case models based on UML methodology & business process flow diagrams.
- Utilized a combination of business knowledge, technical skills and strategic analysis to provide solutions and creative insights to critical business problems.
- Maintained channels of organizational communication and acted as the point of contact between teams.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visio
- MS SharePoint
- Microsoft Project
- Quality Center
- Lotus Notes
- Rational Requisite Pro
- Agile / Scrum
- Teleological System Architect
- Teleological DOORS
- Positive Attitude.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Good Interpersonal and Team skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Key Projects Undertaken1. Consulting:
XXXX Global Inc.Client:
05/20XX - PresentBusiness Systems AnalystEnvironment:
Windows XP, Oracle / SQL Server 2000, SQL, JAVA, Objective C, MS SharePoint
Worked on multiple projects within the Retail group of the Information Technology division which includes:Vanguard Mobile Application :
provides the ability to trade stocks and ETFs, perform Mutual Fund transactions and get latest market and economic news on mobile devices like the iPhone, iPad, Android or any other web-enabled device.Retail Prospect Strategy :
provides the ability for clients to refer friends, family and acquaintances online by generating referral emails on behalf of the client.
- Involved in meeting with business process owners and project managers to define the scope of the project, prepared the BCD (Business Capability Decomposition) and Project Charter.
- Followed the Agile methodology for elicitation and representation of requirements based on interaction with the business process owner, SME’s and the development team. Participated in daily scrum.
- Facilitated requirement sessions, including creation of agendas and recording of action items from meetings and writing meeting minutes.
- Documented the requirements in the form of detailed use cases and sent out the same for inspection to the team.
- Used the tool Rational Requisite Pro for documenting, tracking and analyzing the requirements.
- Responsible for creating Use case diagrams and process flow diagrams by using tools like MS-Visio and iGrafx.
- Involved in preparing test cases and also involved in reviewing test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure that all requirements are covered in scripts and tested properly.
Oracle/SQL Server 2000, SQL, XML, Teleological DOORS 8.1, Teleological System Architect 10.6
The project was called the Supplier Life-Cycle Risk Management Program and was based on developing a web based registration system which could be marketed to all industries and D & B customers.
- Involved in all phases of the software development life cycle. Followed the RUP (Rational Unified Process) methodology for elicitation and representation of requirements.
- Analyzed and documented the system specifications, business requirements, linked requirements to test cases, business rules, and design items to maintain traceability.
- Regularly interacted with onshore and offshore teams to communicate requirements and review test cases and test plans.
- Planned and define the system requirements to Narrative Use Cases and Use Case Scenarios using the UML methodologies. Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Flow Diagrams.
- Worked closely with QA and Developers to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues and provided feedback to nail down the bugs.
IBM Personal Communications, Waterfall methodology, UAT, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows XP
Analyst for merger related activities between RBC Bank and Alabama National Bank (ANB). Involved in the conversion of all Safe Deposit Box customer and account data from the ANB system and accurately loading into the RBC system.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from the business users of the system while adhering to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) industry best practices.
- Analyzed information and requirements and documented them.
- Developed business context diagrams (flow charts) in an effort to identify and analyze process flows in the system.
- Created a field-to-field data map that was used as a main specification document for the conversion program.
- Developed traceability matrix for maintaining / updating system requirements.
- Lead Validation, SIT (System Integration Testing), mock conversion on the system to ensure data accuracy and RBC Bank’s business needs. Wrote User Acceptance Test Plan based on business user requirements.
- Supervised complex projects in attaining its goal.
- Got "Letter of Appreciation" from CEO of XXXX.
XXX Global Inc.
From 05/20XX to PresentPosition:
Business Systems Analyst
- Master of Business Administration in Finance, GPA: 3.6/4.0 in 08/20XX - 12/20XX
Coursework including Financial Management, Investments & Security Analysis, Cases in Financial Management and Managerial Accounting Concepts.
- Bachelor of Commerce, major in Accounting, GPA: 3.6/4 in 03/20XX - 04/20XX
Coursework including Financial Accounting & Auditing, Direct & Indirect Taxation, Business Economics and Management & Human Resource Development.
Personal DetailsDate of Birth:
5th Dec 19XXAddress:
Pune, MaharashtraLanguages Known:
Business Systems Analyst Resume - Sample 3
Mobile: +91 – **********
- Have 6 years of extensive work experience as Business Analyst, Project co-coordinator & Strategic IT project management.
- Expertise in Requirement gathering, Functional spec preparation & Client interaction.
- Experience in Application Solution design, flow chart & Use case preparation.
- Have hands on experience in Project plan preparation, Monitoring & execution.
- Working Experience in Cost / Effort analysis.
- Domain Experience in Telecom & Enterprise Application management.
- Test case preparation and Test execution, UAT execution & sign-off.
- Expert in full SDLC implementation & agile process.
- Able to pick up new technologies within a short stint and adapt to rapid change of environment.
- Possess strong tasks and time management skills and good communication skills.
- Business Analysis, Project plan preparation & execution (Project initiation to closure).
- Requirement analysis and design, documentation, Flow chart & use case preparation.
- Gap analysis, test case preparation & test execution.
- Programming Languages : C, C++, .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET), Java
- RDBMS : SQL Server, Oracle, MS-Access
- Operating Systems : MS-DOS, Windows family
- Packages : MS-Offices 2007 including MS Visio, MS projects
- Scripting Language : HTML, XML
EmployersASD Technology Pvt. Ltd. (Aug. 2011 – Till Date)Position:
Senior Business AnalystRoles & Responsibility
QER Pvt. ltd. (Dec. 2010 – Aug. 2011)Position:
- Functional & Quality deliverable responsibility
- Perform requirements gathering and functional design
- Work with development team in technical design, testing & requirement understanding
- Keep all requirements and functional documentations current
- Coordinate functional testing, development following agile process.
- Knowledge transfer upcoming functionality changes to the testing team
- Develop functional test scenarios (user story & Acceptable test scenarios)
- Support global user testing and defect management process
- Deliver training sessions as needed
- Product Management report preparation.
Associates Business AnalystRoles & Responsibility
LFG Srvices Pvt. Ltd. (Oct. 2007 – Dec. 2010)Position:
- Requirement clarification, client interaction, use case & flow chart preparation for self service portals like vz.com, bill pay, bill view, what’s next.
- Part of self services team, mapping requirements and providing them best solutions involving definition of scope of the project & finalization of project requirement with proper project plan.
- Co-ordination with Development Team and Business client for proper project implementation (timely & accurately).
- Development effort estimation.
- Co-ordination with testing & Dev Team for timely & proper product testing.
- Client UAT completion & application Production movement in time.
- Project Monitoring, status preparation, etc. IR monitoring.
Senior Executive Corporate IT.Roles & Responsibility
- Mapping requirements and providing them best solutions involving evaluation & definition of scope of the project & finalization of project requirement with proper project plan.
- Holding review meetings with TCS development team & Business Stakeholders to monitor the progress of the project as per schedule / budget and ensuring timely completion & delivery of the project. Defining the processes and approval note for business buying.
- Delivering & implementing the project as per scheduled deadline, extending post implementation, maintenance & support to the technical team and customer.
- Cost/Effort Analysis for each development.
- Creating & sustaining a dynamic environment that fosters development opportunity and motivates high performance among team members.
- Dedicated resource for handling enterprise applications like IDM (Identity management System), BAMS (Business Associates Management System), EBL (Employee Business Lines) & SAP-GRC Implementation for NON-SAP applications. Also handled BU / Department specific applications like Travel Management, Visitor Access control, 360 degree surveys for HR, Legal Portal, Regulatory portal & security portal for internal audit team.
- Preparation & execution of test cases for individual applications.
- Timely closing of UAT. Application Training & trend analysis.
- Awarded 2 stars of the month for contribution to HR projects & Enterprise project.
- One letter of appreciation from Corporate HR
MCA, FGH University2003 –
B.Sc(H) OPU University
Personal DetailsLanguages known :
Hindi, EnglishAddress :
nkdfnklnlDate of Birth :