Finance Director Resume - Sample 1
- Seasoned professional with over X years of extensive experience in finance, administration & accounting in Retail & Services industry and with the strong ability to make the tangible connection between business and its financial performance for effective decision making.
- Proficient in handling finance function entailing strategy, business plans, capital budgeting, supply chain management and MIS reporting.
- Proven ability to improve operations, impact business growth & maximize profits through contributions in financial management, cost reductions & productivity improvements.
- Experience in conceptualizing and implementing financial policies and procedures including working capital management, internal financial controls, project financing and costing.
- A key member of the management team of a growing entrepreneurial company and an excellent communicator with demonstrated capabilities of contributing significantly.
WORK EXPERIENCESince Jun'XX:
XXXX as Finance Director (Head of Finance)Jan'XX to Jun’XX:
XXXX as Finance Manager.Key Deliverables
- Designing business plans / strategies for maximizing profitability, addressing major strategic issues that can have an impact on the company's long-term future in terms of either expansion or divestment.
- Heading finance function involves determining financial objectives, designing & implementing systems, formulating policies & procedures to facilitate internal financial and process controls.
- Analyzing current performance, prioritizing growth opportunities, preparing business model, conducting variance analysis and implementing corrective actions.
- Monitoring inflow / outflow of funds while taking adequate measures to ensure utilization of funds towards accomplishment of objectives.
- Developing analytics around key performance indicators to facilitate qualitative reporting.
Significant HighlightsAt XXXX as Finance Director (Head of Finance)
At XXXX as Finance Manager
- Served as member of the board and successfully supported the business successfully on all goals and objectives.
- Instrumental in providing support on expansion of new product lines, stores, channels, regional expansion & divestments.
- Played a key role in the set up of distribution business, e-commerce business & company set up in China, Hongkong, India, Kuwait & UAE.
- Functioned as an integral part of the team assigned to turn around the export business from the point of divesting to re-engineering.
- Implemented and monitored financial policies for effective compliance in the business and responsible for institutionalizing financial controls for effective cash flow management.
- Provided financial services, managed several operational projects and identified opportunities to reduce costs and maximize profitability.
- Supported the management on roll out of new concepts based on market research, financial feasibility and sensitivity analysis.
- Built qualified Annual Business Plan based on detailed analysis of previous and forecasted business performance.
- Prepared a solid MIS base for monthly reports highlighting the performance of the business with key findings and observations.
- Developed a team of qualified analysts to provide continuous support to the management on all aspects of financial and commercial decision making.
PRIOR EXPERIENCEMay'XX to Dec’XX:
****** as Financial AnalystMay'XX to May'XX:
***** as Management Trainee
- Got "Best Director" at XXXX.
- Best Finance Team Award at XXXX.
- Received “Letter of Appreciation” for significant contribution towards HR Cost Optimization Initiative.
MBA Finance from University 120XX:
Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy) University 2
- Business Objects certified for undergoing training and completion of Business Objects Web Intelligence X1 R1/R2: Report Design (QA210R2).
- Six Sigma Green Belt & Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
- Certificate of appreciation for contribution towards the development of “Resource Management Observer” as a world class BAM tool which won the Star Academy Award for the Initiative of the Year.
- Quality Management System Certified for undergoing training on various quality measures as per Industry Standards, specializing in Quality Management systems, models and processes.
- NCFM Certification in Capital Market (Dealer’s Module) from National Stock Exchange of India.
- NCFM Certification in Derivative Market Module from National Stock Exchange of India.
PERSONAL DETAILSDate of Birth:
13th Oct, 19XXAddress:
Mumbai, Maharashtra.Languages known:
English, Hindi & Oriya.
Finance Director Resume - Sample 2
Ram Pannu (CA, CPA, CISA)
Email ID: sXXXXXXXX@gmail.com
- Finance Director to the $240m US research business of XXXX. XXXX is world's 3rd largest market research company.
- Demonstrated track record in maximizing business opportunities and consistently achieving corporate financial performance goals.
- Recognized as a hands-on, expert problem solver who can rapidly resolve cross functional business process problems, formulate strategic plans and implement change, with benefit to company's bottom line.
- Business Integration
- Change management
- Financial Planning
- Capital budgeting
- Effective Leadership
Director of Finance (US) Jul `10 - Present Chicago, USA.
- Improved working capital cycle by reducing no. of days between project close and billing cycle.
- Reduced DSO from 66 to 61 days by improving timely collections through successful implementation of check points at process levels.
- Investigated and analyzed opportunities for reducing cost within the business, thereby creating a saving of $450K and actively championed this within the senior management team.
- Key role in supporting business finance partners and driving verticals to achieve their primary segment goals.
- Provide useful insights in monthly board report executive summaries through detail write-ups on company's financial health and future forecast to set up the stage for monthly exec business meetings.
- Reviewed group company policies & guidelines to ensure every accounting, legal and operational policy is implemented and visible at the lowest transactional level of the business unit.
- Reviewed finance organization and restructured team to improve timeliness and accuracy in monthly reporting.
- Reduced reporting man days by 17% in a relatively short span
- Successful implementation of SAP BPC reporting for US business region
- Refined revenue recognition & WIP concepts in business unit to ensure reporting is aligned to company's accounting policy and IFRS standards.
Senior Manager (XXXXXXXX Finance) Jan`08 - Jun `10 Bangalore, India.
- Managed global budgeting & forecasting process for the entire organization ($900m revenue).
- Monitored Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in monthly results and created Risk/ Opportunity charts in the forecasting process in order to identify deviations from annual budgets.
- Enabled global best practices by constantly engaging regional team managers to standardize and implement the most efficient regional processes across globally.
- Lead central teams to monitor and cut costs and improve efficiency by implementing work streams at BU level which helped the business to save $0.4m.
- Coordinate company's half / full year published reports as per group company's listing norms in London Stock Exchange and accounting policies under IFRS standards.
- Monitor accounting of new acquisitions, classifying pre and post-acquisition entries for the group company consolidation, analyzed deferred consideration calculations and Earn out payments; harmonization of group accounting policies into the acquired company.
- Convergence of new standards & releases with the current statutory & management reporting requirements.
- Engaged with company's internal & external auditors to comply with company's audit & statutory requirements.
Regional Manager (XXXXXX Europe) Jun`06 - Dec`07 Bangalore, India.
- Transformed key A/R & A/P processes and complex central charges allocation accounting processes to India.
- Saved $0.5m annually to the company's bottom line and also set the tone for accounting process transformation from other regions.
- Manage by exception in setting team goals & objectives. Implementation & supervision of new accounting/ reporting areas under Global finance department.
- Successful transformation of global reporting process from excel based reporting to Hyperion Essbase reporting standards.
- Created standard reporting processes for Western Europe region that led to complete offshoring of global reporting processes gradually.
XXXXXXX CMG May`05 - Jun`06 London (UK) & Bangalore (India).Designation:
Manager (F, P&A).
- SWOT analysis of verticals for management presentation ensured adequate visibility of high margin, high volume verticals along with high risk & high return vertical units.
- Provided deep insights into capital budgeting by identifying best possible investments to maximize returns.
- Prepared monthly Board report summaries and presented business results and commentaries to the management.
- Created Global Service Delivery (GSD) model setups in financial systems and coordinated with management team to implement operational plans into action.
- Ensured cross functional coordination of finance team with IT & HR and successful implementation of budgets into the new delivery model.
- Prepared Bids for external IT projects & represented finance in the Bidding team.
XXXXXX Electric (XXXXXXXX) Jun'04 - May'05 Bangalore, India.Designation:
Assistant. Manager - Finance Centre of Excellence (CoE).
- Documentation of existing costing systems at GE Healthcare, Milwaukee, USA. Set up a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for recording and capturing costs in order to enable Standard vs.
- Actual variances for regional analysis of monthly P&Ls
- Continuous monitoring of Regional Inventory costs for China by providing wing to wing remote support
- Used six sigma indicators to manage processes & evaluate the results against set standards and recommend improvements for future implementation
- Certified trainee for compliance in SOX 404 implementation in GE Capital, India
XXXXXXX Ltd Mar`03- Jun`04 Bangalore, India.Designation:
- Reported to the CFO of FMCG division and managed reporting & analysis for one of its biggest verticals in the $4bn multinational listed conglomerate.
- Successful delivery of all reporting and accounting needs including Cash Management System (CMS) and statutory compliances under Indian GAAP
- Managed monthly financial reporting, company's budgeting and forecasting requirements for the FMCG vertical.
- Prepared executive summary reports on the performance of the division
- Managed the Cash management system (CMS) for the FMCG vertical.
- Reengineered the CMS process in order to improve cash circulation and reduce no. of unreconciled entries
- Forecasting cash flow projections to minimize interest losses and consolidation cash pooling balances with Head office.
- Monitored working capital requirements with Bankers for Import L/Cs, Overdraft renewals & Bank guarantee limits
- Reconciled large accounts, built relationships with customers and reinstated the account receivables.
- Implemented staff training plans to stabilize accounting systems
- Competition analysis of FMCG sector against divisional results.
- Prepare and present comparative statements of financials of the competitors for benchmarking and driving business growth by highlighting key variances in company's financials as compared to competitors
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) from XXXXXXXXXX State Board of Accountancy, 2008
- Chartered Accountant (ACA) from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), 2001
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), from ISACA (USA), 2005
- Graduate in Accounting from Bangalore University, India, 1997
- SAP BPC, Hyperion Essbase, Cost Point, MS Solomon, MS Agresso, MS Office, Tally
PERSONAL DETAILSDate of Birth:Address:Languages known:
Finance Director Resume - Sample 3
Contact Details - +9198********
Email Address - *****@yahoo.com
10 years of work experience with an MBA in Finance. A Financial professional, who excels in planning and strategizing.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Package
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Leadership skills
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Team Building Skills
ABC India Pvt Ltd. – From Jan 2002 to PresentResponsibilities:
- Research and prepare the financial budget
- Conduct Financial Analysis and prepare the financial reports
- Provide Financial advice to all the departments as and when required
- Manage investments and reserves.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Develop and provide training opportunities for the financial staff.
- Solve queries of the respective departments as and when required.
- Successfully achieved all the targets and set goals
- Successfully executed the financial plans
- Chartered Accountancy (C.A) from Mumbai University
- MBA in Finance from Symbiosis University
- Certificate course in CFA
- Successfully completed Articleship with XYZ Co.
- Done a Financial Analysis Project with ABC co.
Extra - Curricular Activities
Personal DetailsDate of Birth:
10th October, 19XXAddress:
English, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi.