IT Business Analyst Resume - Sample 2
Mobile No.: +91 98xxxxxxxxxx
To work in a progressive organization where, acquired skills and abilities are best utilized along with the goals of the organization and to achieve an elite position in the industry through my intelligence, hard work, and sincerity.
Skills and Experience Summary
- Currently working as Business Analyst in xxxx India Pvt. Ltd., Noida.
- Over 2 Years of experience in Business Analysis with good exposure to insurance domain (Property & Casualty) specially US insurance industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in Business Analysis involving analysis of business and functional requirements, Test planning, and Preparing Functional Test cases.
- Acted as a liaison between the business group and technology team hence bridging the gaps.
- Certified in INS 21 - Property and Liability Insurance Principles (AICPCU).
- Good analytical, logical skills and communication skills.
- Adept at handling Compliance, Receivables, Audits, Impact analysis, Production issue resolution, Guide document production team to implement new endorsements.
- Good understanding of Bureau reporting & Menu Security.
- System processing of New Business for Property & Casualty Insurance policy.
- Policy Administration operations, including material and non-material changes for Property & Casualty Insurance business.
Projects/Assignments (Aug 2010 – Till date)Current AssignmentProject Title:
AFI (Accident Fund Insurance) (xxxxx)Project Details
- The project primarily provides Policy administration, compliance and maintenance services to its client. Accident Fund Insurance Company of xxxxxx situated in xxxxx.
- It has two interfaces to facilitate its user to initiate various insurance related transactions.
June 2012 onwardsMajor Responsibilities
Previous AssignmentsProject Title:
- Analysis of the inquiries / queries raised by clients and document them using our business requirements templates and determine their relevance and impact as per our system.
- Complete supervision of Compliance work.
- Preparing Users’ Acceptance Test Matrix and QA Test Matrix for Accident Fund on regular basis as part of project delivery as and when required and executing these as well.
- Researching, analyzing and working on relevant approach for resolutions regarding issues reported / notified on regular basis by client through a ticket.
- Involved in KSS and training new BAs joining the project in terms of system functionality (rating, forms, database and other core policy admin areas) and Line of Business (LOB) specific knowledge.
- Implementation of Employers Liability Insurance Functionality for new and existing clients of the Insurer in Workers’ Compensation Insurance Policies.
May 2012 to June 2012Major Responsibilities
- Independently studying the business requirements of the client in connection with the new enhancement EPLI.
- Preparing use cases.
- Communicating with the technical team, explaining the system requirements to them from a functional point of view.
- Resolving and / or escalating complex matters to the Project Manager in a timely manner.
xxxxx Insurance GroupMajor Responsibilities
- Work on Policy Processing, Billing and Claims modules of the POINT product.
- Doing Compliance updates and Compliance testing for quality assurance of the updates.
- Impact Analysis of compliance changes in production environment and providing the correct steps of the impacted policies to the client.
- Perform Menu Security updates to ensure the proper security, maintenance and access to the users in production environments.
- Reviewing the results that are to be delivered to the client.
- Analyzing production issues.
- Analyze and provide solutions for the real time issues reported by the client in live environment.
- Co-ordinate with the technical team for any new development as requested by the client.
- Work with the US team on researching production issues reported by the client and provide solutions.
- Mentoring new joiners and technical staff of the project on the functional details of WCV specific POINT product functionality.
- MBA (Finance & Marketing) from xxxx, Delhi with 70% marks
- B.Sc. in Biotechnology from xxxxx University with 76% marks
- Senior Secondary from xxxx with 76% marks
- Secondary from xxxxxx with 69% marks
Skills SetOperating Systems :
Windows 2000 / ME / Vista / XP / 7Databases :
SQL Server 2005, MS AccessTechnologies / Tools :
MS Office, Test Partner Testing Tool
- INS 21 certified - Property and Liability Insurance Principles from xxxxxx Institute of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters.
- Appearing for Licentiate Exam from Insurance Institute of India.
MBA Internship Project DetailsCompany:
Usha Shri Ram Piston and Rings ltd.Duration:
Feb 2009 – March 2009Project Details:
The project compromised of studying in depth the cause of US Recession, its implications and appropriate measures to overcome this.Company:
Grasim Industries Ltd., Aditya Birla Group.Duration:
Apr’09 – June’09Project Details:
The project was assigned for conducting Market Research and Promotional measures to be taken in order to generate awareness and create demand as well as to grab the market share.
- Ability to connect to the Business and IT side.
- Ability to interface with clients and business users.
- Pleasing Personality with self- motivation and confidence.
- Hardworking and Patient attitude with willingness to learn and work on new assignments.
- Excellent Grade in Insurance Domain certification (INS 21) of xxxxxx
- Got formal recognition and appreciation from all my clients (xxxxx, xxxx and xxxx) and rewarded with Accolades from my Managers.
Personal InformationDate of Birth:Address:Languages known: