Ex IAS officer Anil Baijal is set to be appointed as the 21st
Lieutenant Governor of Delhi.
The approval for the appointment was given on 28th December 2016 by President Pranab Mukherjee.
Baijal is set to succeed Najeeb Jung, who will resign from the post of Delhi LG on 22nd Dec 2016.
Jung has resigned 18 months short of his tenure.
Anil Baijal is a 1969 batch IAS AGMUT cadre officer .
He is currently associated with the Vivekananda International Foundation.
A master's degree in arts from University of Allahabad, he is also an alumnus of the University of East Anglia.
He has also served as Home Secretary under the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
He also served as former Vice Chairman of Delhi Development Authority.He has also served as:
- Chief Secretary of Andaman & Nicobar Islands,
- MD of Indian Airlines,
- Development Commissioner of Goa,
- CEO of Prasar Bharati,
- Additional Home Secretary in the Information and Broadcasting.
He retired as Secretary of the Urban Development Ministry in 2006.
He also planned and implemented the INR 60,000 crore Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal
Mission launched by the Manmohan Singh government.
He has served on multiple corporate boards including IDFC bank.
Know More About Najeeb Jung
- Retired Indian Administrative Service officer who served as the 20th Lieutenant Governor of Delhi from July 2013 to December 2016.
- He previously served as the 13th Vice-Chancellor of the Jamia Millia Islamia, from 2009 to 2013.
- Born: January 18, 1951 (age 65), Delhi
- Education: University of Oxford, St. Stephen's College, Delhi, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Books: The Sting of a Bee