Bank accounts of terror suspects frozen by Pakistan.
Q. Which country suspended and froze over 5,100 bank accounts of terror suspects in Oct 2016?- Published on 25 Oct 16
Pakistani authorities have frozen over 5,100 accounts of terror suspects including JeM chief Masood Azhar under the Anti Terrorism Act
- According to the officials, these accounts carry a net amount of INR 400 million
- Around 1,200 of these suspects, whose account were frozen by the State Bank of Pakistan were listed in category A of the ATA- the most high risk terrorists
- At least 44 people were killed and more than a 100 wounded overnight in a raid conducted in an overnight raid by militants on a police academy in Southwest Pakistan
- The attack on the Balochistan Police College located 20 km east of provincial capital Quetta which commenced around 1810 GMT on 24th Oct
- This is said to be the third deadliest terror attack in Pakistan