Chintu is the world's first robot to assist senior citizens
Q. The students of MIT-Pune and IBM have developed which robot to assist senior citizens in everyday tasks?- Published on 17 Mar 17
d. None of the above
Maharashtra Institute of Technology-Pune and technology giant IBM have developed a robot Chintu.
This will assist senior citizens in everyday tasks.
Chintu is a 2 feet tall robot developed by MIT Pune in collaboration with IBM after an INR 10 lakh grant last year.
It is powered by the US-based company's cognitive assistant, IBM Watson.
Chintu can move his hands and read books to an audience.
Drawing from Watson's domain knowledge, Chintu will assist senior citizens in conducting everyday tasks such as reading the newspaper/book and generate reminders on their daily medication.IBM: Know More
- Headquarters: Armonk, North Castle, New York, United States
- Founder: Charles Ranlett Flint
- Founded: 16 June 1911, New York City, New York, United States
- Revenue: 79.92 billion USD (2016)
- Number of employees: 386,558