Commonwealth Day 2017: March 13
Q. Commonwealth Day 2017 was celebrated on which date?- Published on 16 Mar 17
a. March 12
b. March 14
c. March 13
d. March 15
ANSWER: March 13
The Commonwealth Day 2017 was celebrated by the 52 countries of the Commonwealth on 13 March 2017.
The theme of the day was ‘A peace-building Commonwealth’.
It is a natural follow-up from the 2016 theme ‘An Inclusive Commonwealth’.
The theme cements Commonwealth Charter principle that international peace and security, sustainable economic growth and development are essential to the progress and prosperity of all.
This annual observation of the day marks 40 years of the Commonwealth Day that became a global celebration in 1977.Commonwealth: Know More
- It world’s oldest political associations of states.
- It began back when some countries were ruled by Britain under the British Empire and was founded in December 1931.
- The countries that became self-governing, while keeping Britain’s monarch as Head of State, formed the British Commonwealth of Nations.
- The Commonwealth came into existence in 1949 and since then independent countries from Africa, America, Asia, Europe and the Pacific have joined the group.
- Headquarters : Marlborough House, London
- Working language : English