Good Governance Day: 25th Dec 2016
Q. When was Good Governance Day established?- Published on 26 Dec 16
a. 25th December 2014
b. 25th December 2015
c. 25th December 2011
d. 25th December 2012
ANSWER: 25th December 2014
Good Governance Day is being observed across India on 25th
The day is observed to mark the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee who has turned 92.
For marking the occasion, a Good Governance campaign will be undertaken for 100 days.
During this campaign, the ministers and members of Parliament will travel across India and attend programs that highlight key government initiatives.
Six major initiatives will also be launched by the Ministry of Personnel, Personal Grievances and Pensions.Initiatives include:
- Immovable Property Return through Property Related Information System (PRISM)
- Recruitment Rules Formation, Amendment Monitoring System (RRFAMS)
- Announcement of E-Service Book
- Mandatory online filing of APAR by all All India Services and Central Group A Service Officers
- Launching of redesigned website of Department of Personnel and Training
Endeavour of the government is to improve delivery systems, to promote digital transformation and take forward the connectivity revolution in all sectors.
Good Governance Day was established in 2014.
The concept of the day encompasses two fundamental elements- transparency and accountability