IBM works on cognitive computing
Q. What does cognitive computing involve?- Published on 17 Feb 17
a. Natural language processing
b. Machine learning
c. Deep learning
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
IBM has worked on cognitive computing. Already, the President and CEO of IBM Ginni Rometty indicated that digital is the foundation and cognitive computing is next on the anvil for India.
This should involve building abilities on natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, image and vision, she said.
By 2020 the country will be home to the largest developer population in the world and 3 million programmers will be helping develop at least ten per cent of the apps this year.
IBM plans to open first blockchain innovation centre in Singapore
The company's artificial intelligence platform Watson will be touching the lives of 1 billion people across the world including 200 million people each in the fields of healthcare and education.
Watson can be very helpful in a country like India which has only 1 oncologist for 1,600 cancer patients.IBM: Know More
- Headquarters: Armonk, North Castle, New York, United States
- Founder: Charles Ranlett Flint
- Founded: 16 June 1911, New York City, New York, United States
- Revenue: 79.92 billion USD (2016)
- Number of employees: 386,558
- Subsidiaries: SoftLayer, FileNet, Kenexa, Trusteer, Emptoris, more