India and Mexico chart out new path in bilateral trade
Q. India and which country have chartered out a new path in bilateral trade and investment with a focus on sectors such as renewable energy, medical and telecom devices?- Published on 25 Jul 16
a. South America
India and Mexico have charted out a fresh path in bilateral trade and investment with a focus on sectors like telecom and medical devices as well as renewable energy.
- This was agreed during a recent meeting of the bilateral HLG on Trade, Investment and Economic Cooperation.
- HLG or High Level Group established in 2007 has met on July 13-14 after 4 years.
- Mexico is considering increase in installed wind power capacity to 9.5 GW by 2018 gtom 2.5 GW.
- Suzlon has plans to spur development in this area.
- According to a recent report by Global Data India’s medical devices sector will grow to USD 17.6 billion in 2020 from 10.4 billion in 2014 while the Mexico medical device market will rise to USD 6.5 billion by 2020 from 4.9 billion in 2015