Isha Foundation’s Sadhguru launches #RallyForRivers
Q. Which foundation has launched the nationwide #RallyForRivers campaign?- Published on 06 Sep 17
a. Isha Foundation
b. Being Human Foundation
c. ISCKON Foundation
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Isha Foundation
Isha Foundation has a decade of experience in matters related to environment and sustainability and hence has come up with a solution to stabilise and revitalise the rivers.
To ensure that the rivers are fed by moist soil throughout the year, the campaign plans to maintain a tree cover for at least one kilometre on either side of the entire river length and of about half a kilometre for tributaries.
Forest trees will be planted on government land and fruit trees on farmer’s land.
fruit trees will help to enhance the livelihood of farmers as well as improve nutritional intake among the people.Rally for rivers: Know More
- The rally was flagged off on September 2 in Coimbatore and will be driving across 13 states and 22 cities in India and culminate on October 2 in Delhi.
- It will conduct over 21 events in major cities.
- The simplest way to participate in the campaign is by giving a missed call to 80009 80009.
- The missed calls will act as a vote to support the initiative.
- The rally is informational and celebratory at the same time. Artists and celebrities will also take an active part in the campaign.
- Film-stars, politicians and sportspersons have extended their support to the rally.
- Celebrities like Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Anupam Kher, Rishi Kapoor, Kajal Agarwal, Ramya Krishnan, Manisha Koirala, PV Sindhu, Mithali Raj, Uma Bharti and Sonia Gandhi, among others, are urging fans and followers to support the campaign.