Lionel Messi voted best playmaker in 2016 by IFFHS
Q. Lionel Messi has been voted as the best playmaker in the world for 2016 by which world body?- Published on 02 Jan 17
a. Federation Internationale
b. World Soccer Foundation
c. International Federation of Football History and Statistics
d. None of the above
ANSWER: International Federation of Football History and Statistics
Lionel Messi has been voted as the best playmaker in the world for 2016 earlier on 29th Dec 2016, after the results were made public by the IFFHS.
According to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics, the Argetine player collected 172 points, four more than last year, finishing ahead of Andres Iniesta, second in ranking with 66 points and Toni Kross, third with 45 points.The top 10 as per votes collected in 56 countries are:
|Kroos (Real Madrid)||45|
|Modric (Real Madrid)||36|
|De Bruyne (Manchester City)||31|
|Pogba (Manchester United)||26|
|Payet (West Ham)||8|
The award was won for the first time by current Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane in 2006 followed by Kaka in 2007.
The following years were dominated by Xavi and Iniesta, while Kroos was the best in 2014.Know More About the IFFHS
- The IFFHS started this award in 2006.
- It has been dominated by La Liga players since then.
- The first recipient of the accolade was in 2006: Zinedine Zidane.
- Kaka won it in the following year.
- Toni Kroos won the award in 2014.
- Messi won it last season.
- This award is decided by votes from 56 countries from five different continents.
- Messi is a five-time Ballon d'Or winner.