National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) of Ministry of Women and Child Development has been conferred the Skoch Silver and Skoch Order-of Merit award.
The award was received by NCPCR Chairperson Smt. Stuti Kacker.
The two awards were received by NCPCR for applying technology to develop an electronic drop box, POCSO e-Box for registering complaints on Child Sexual Abuse.
Speaking on the occasion, Smt. Kacker said that everybody should stand up against Child Sexual Abuse, a heinous crime that leaves permanent scars on the psyche of the child.
The competition saw more than 3000 participants and NCPCR’s project, POCSO e-box was considered among the top 30 entries.About POCSO e-box
- Unique endeavour by NCPCR.
- Receives complaint of Child Sexual Abuse directly from the victim.
- Maintains confidentiality of the civcim.
- A short film in the e-box assures the victim not to feel bad, helpless or confused.
- Study in 2007 by Ministry of WCD found 53% of children surveyed have faced one or another form of sexual abuse during their lifetime.