National Dialysis Services Programme
Q. Which of the following is/are true?
1) National Dialysis Services Programme plans to provide dialysis services in all community health care centers.
2) The government will fund the entire programme from its own money.- Published on 21 Mar 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Neither 1 nor 2
- The government proposes to start ‘National Dialysis Services Programme’.
- Funds will be made available through PPP mode under the National Health Mission, to provide dialysis services in all district hospitals.
- To reduce the cost, government will exempt certain parts of dialysis equipment from basic customs duty, excise/CVD and SAD.
- The government had last year imposed a heavier levy on consumables used in dialysis, spiking the procedure rates by 17 to 20 per cent.
- But the tax exemption announced in the budget applies only to dialysis equipment and not consumables.
You may like