Navy, SAC sign MoU
Q. Which armed forces signed an MOU with SAC on data sharing and scientific cooperation?- Published on 17 May 17
a. Indian army
d. Indian navy
ANSWER: Indian navy
The Indian Navy and the Space Application Centre has signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Data Sharing and Scientific cooperation in the field of Meteorology and Oceanology.
As per the MoU, the scientific advancements and expertise achieved by SAC would be synergised into the Indian Naval efforts in order to keep the Indian Navy abreast with rapid developments that has taken place in the field of Environment Sciences and Satellite Data acquisition technology.
The MoU has further enhanced the already established collaboration between the two organisations. The broad areas of cooperation under the MoU are:
SAC: Know More
- Sharing of non-confidential observational data for pre-launch sensor calibration and post launch satellite data validation,
- Operational use of SAC generated weather products,
provisioning expertise for installation of various satellite data processing modules at Naval METOC organisations,
- Performing calibration and validation for ocean models,
- Transfer of technology to produce weather information, training on latest technology and sharing of subject matter experts between the organisations facilitating effective knowledge transfer.
- Space Applications Centre (SAC) is one of the major centres of ISRO.
- It was established in the year 1972.
- It primarily focuses on the design of space-borne instruments for ISRO missions.
- It also develops applications of space technology and is headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat