WhatsApp has lately been trying its hands-on different features on its platform.
In July this year, the Facebook-owned messaging app rolled out a testing version of picture-in-picture feature for video calling on Android O.
Now, the WhatsApp has rolled out the support for picture-in-picture mode to its users across the globe. Apart from that, the company has also added the ability to put text as a status message.
The first feature is called picture-in-picture.
After rolling out the picture-in-picture (PIP) video calls to beta users of its app, WhatsApp has now rolled out the feature to everyone.
This means both Android and iOS users will now be able to minimize video calling window and move it around while browsing through other messages in the background.
When in a video call, you can tap back to continue the video call in picture-in-picture mode.
The picture-in-picture video calls update will only be available for Android users whose smartphones have been updated to Android 8.0 Oreo.
For iOS users, the feature works fine on iOS 10.
The second feature allows you to post text-only updates to your status. The status, just like the photos and videos will be visible for a time interval of 24 hours. WhatsApp Changes: Know More
- WhatsApp has been trying to bring in many new features on the app recently.
- Very recently, WhatsApp introduced a number of changes to its iOS and Android app.
- These features include the ability to pin favourite chats on top of the conversation list and the option to forward or delete shared images as one whole album.
- WhatsApp for Business is another feature that has been in news for a while now.
- It is currently testing new tools and the app is said to be free for small-scale companies. Large firms with a global base of customers will have to get the enterprise version of the app that might be a paid one.
- The feature will let business get company’s solutions to provide customers with useful notifications like flight times, scheduled, arrival, delays, offers and other updates.