CM of Andhra Pradesh, N. Chandrababu Naidu on Dec 1 2016 launched the NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme in Vijayawada.
The scheme aims
to provide medical treatment to APL or Above Poverty Line at INR 1200 premium per annum.
Medical insurance is for those not covered under existing state government health schemes.
NTR Arogya Seva has been already launched for BPL families.
Scheme provides medical treatment for 1044 health and medical ailments.
The scheme also provides treatment free of cost at both corporate and government hospitals.
A similar service was launched for employees and journalists through health cards.
Health care spending in the state is at 17% after 30 initiatives were launched in 2016.
Students of medicine, nursing, psychology and home science were also asked to improve public health through the Swasthya Vidya Vahini.Highlights of NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme
- As per the scheme, end-to-end cashless services will be provided for 1044 diseases under secondary care.
- Also tertiary care through 432 government and private hospitals will be provided.
- Scheme will offer INR 2 lakh and free treatment.
- APL families will avail benefits by paying monthly installment of INR 100 per month/per person.
- People can register for the scheme at Mee Seva centres till Feb 28, 2017.