Peoples’ Party of Arunachal (PPA) on 29 December 2016 suspended Chief Minister Pema Khandu along with six other MLAs from the primary membership of the party. They were suspended due to anti-party activities.
With this suspension, CM Khandu ceased to be the leader of the PPA Legislature Party.Others suspended
from the party include Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein and MLAs, namely Chow Tewa Mein, Passang Dorjee Sona, Jambey Tashi, Zingnu Namchom and Kamlung Mossang.
PPA President Kahfa Bengia said they were placed under temporary suspension from the primary membership of the party with immediate effect.
Disciplinary proceedings will be initiated against them.
Bengia also said that the party would elect a new legislature party leader.Know More about Pema Khandu & PPA
- On 17 July 2016, Khandu replaced Nabam Tuki as the Chief Minister of the state.
- Pema Khandu, the son of the former CM late Dorjee Khandu, is one of the 42 former Congress leaders who rebelled from the party.
- He joined PPA in mid-September 2016.
- PPA is a regional political party in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It was founded by Bakin Pertin and Tomo Riba in 1979.
- At present, the party is a member of the North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA), a political coalition formed by the Bhartiya Janata Party along with several other regional parties.