Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana: Skill development program for Indians employed overseas
Q. MEA has announced the Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana. Who does this scheme target?- Published on 10 Jan 17
a. Indian youth seeking overseas employment
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Indian youth seeking overseas employment
MEA has announced that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana targeted at Indian youth seeking overseas employment.
PKVY is a skill development programme. At current count, more than 31 million Indians live and work outside India.
This was announced at the 14th
edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas which was the largest ever held with 8000 delegates.
India has the potential to play the role of a Vishwa Guru. PVKY is a skill development initiative of the MEA.
MEA and MSDE have signed an MOU for its implementation. The scheme will be implemented by NSDC/National Skill Development Corporation through its training partners in consultation with MEA and MSDE.Features of PVKY
- The Short Term Training imparted at PMKVY Training Centres (TCs) is for school/college dropouts or unemployed.
- Apart from providing training according to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), TCs shall also impart training in Soft Skills, Entrepreneurship, Financial and Digital Literacy.
- Individuals with prior learning experience or skills shall be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme.
- The Special Projects component of PMKVY envisages the creation of a platform that will facilitate trainings in special areas.
- TPs shall conduct Kaushal and Rozgar Melas every six months with press/media coverage.
- They are also required to participate actively in National Career Service Melas and on-ground
- Placement and monitoring guidelines are in place.