Ratan Tata wins Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016
Q. Who won the ICFA Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016?- Published on 19 Dec 16
a. Ratan Tata
b. MS Swaminathan
c. Varghese Kurien
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Ratan Tata
The Indian Council of Food and Agriculture on 15th Dec 2016 presented the Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016 to Chairman Emeritus TATA Group, Ratan Tata in Mumbai.
Tata was conferred with the prestigious award for his positive role in turning the TATA Group into a global phenomenon during his 20 years as Chairman.
The Leadership Awards Jury was chaired by Prof. MS Swaminathan, pioneer of India’s Green Revolution. The Indian Council of Food and Agriculture was launched as an apex body as a:
Know More About Ratan Tata
- Think tank
- Policy research
- Trade facilitation
- Development catalyst
- Monitoring centre for food and agriculture sector
- The body also serves as a global platform for partnerships.
- It also focuses on agri-entrepreneurs and farmers and connects them with market opportunities.
- Current posts held: Chairman Emeritus TATA Group, Interim Chairman TATA Sons Indian businessman, investor and philanthropist.
- Served as chairman of TATA Group from 1991-2012.
- Conferred with Padma Bhushan in 2000.
- Conferred Padma Vibhushan in 2008.