Spate of high profile resignations in cricket world
Q. After BCCI president Anurag Thakur's dismissal, who else resigned?- Published on 05 Jan 17
a. Dilip Vengsarkar
b. Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia
c. TC Mathew
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
There is a resignation spree among top cricket administrators post the Jan 2 decision of the SC to sack BCCI President Anurag Thakur and Secretary Ajay Shirke for failure to implement Lodha committee reforms.
On Jan 4, 2016, ex Indian skipper Dilip Vengsarkar (Mumbai Cricket Association Vice President) resigned. Also stepping down were Jyotiraditya Scindia (MP Cricket Association chairman) and Sanjay Jagdale (MPCA president).
Earlier, the administrators who put in their papers included Kerala Cricket Association president TC Mathew and Former test cricketer Brijesh Patel, the Karnataka State Cricket Association Secretary. Know More About Dilip Vengsarkar
- Date joined: January 24, 1976 (India national cricket team)
- Batting style: Right-handed
- Awards: Arjuna Award for Cricket
- Served two 4 year terms as MCA V from 2002 to 2010.
- Chairman of the Cricket Improvement Committee in 2015.
- Played 116 tests and served as chairman of TRDO scheme (2002-2004).
- Chief National Selector from 2006-2008.
- In 2010, he held a post in CIC of BCCI.
- Currently, he is chairman of National Cricket Academy.