Sweden to become first nation with digital currency!
Q. What is the name of Sweden’s digital currency?- Published on 18 Nov 16
Sweden has to decide whether it wants to issue a digital currency known as “Ekrona”
within a period of two years
- Deputy governor of Sweden’s central bank Riksbank announced the bank is considering the move after fall in sage of cash
- Amount of notes and coins in circulation has fallen by 40 percent since 2009 with rise in online shopping and card payments
- This is the first time a nation would give direct access to citizens for virtual money issued by a central bank
- It is not the only country considering this
- UK is also reported to be considering whether digital currency created and owned by the central government may be a positive way out of economic problems
- Sweden is located in Scandinavia and it has capital city Stockholm built on 14 islands
- Sweden has more than 50 bridges and open air Skansen
- Its current currency is the Swedish krone and the official language spoken here is Swedish.