KITE 2017, Telangana’s second international kite festival on 14–15 January 2017 at the Academy campus.
KITE 2017 aims to promote women’s empowerment, particularly girl child education, and to raise awareness and support for merit-based opportunities to access world class education through collaboration with NGO’s, and corporates and government agencies.
KITE 2017 will also feature an arts and crafts mela.
KITE 2017, Telangana International Kite Festival (TIKF,) is a family fun festival celebrating Sankranthi through the rich regional tapestry of kites, culture and crafts of Hyderabad and the Deccan.
KITE 2017 features an inclusive pre-festival dedicated Schools Program on Friday 13th, followed by 2 days of family fun and kite flying. Surrounded by Telangana More About KITE 2017
- Held from 12th – 17th January 2017
- Children, students, youth, parents, families, international & national kite flyers will participate.
- KITE 2017 aims to enhance the tourism profile of the rich heritage of Hyderabad as a ‘hidden jewel’ of India.
- Badminton Star PV Sindhu, the festival ambassador, launched Designer Kites on this occasion. Minister said the Kite Festival will be organized in a way to reflect the culture and tradition of Telangana, which will be held from 12th to 17th January.
- This year the kite festival will be held in Warangal and Yadadri apart from Hyderabad.