Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare launches Krishi Vigyan Kendra
Q. Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare has launched which portal for rural districts in the country?- Published on 11 Jul 16
a. Krishi Vigyan Kendra
b. Krishi Vigyan Sangathan
c. Krishi Vigyan Sabha
d. Krishi Vigyan Sammelan
ANSWER: Krishi Vigyan Kendra
Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare, Shri Radha Mohan Singh has launched Krishi Vigyan Kendra portal in New Delhi.
- There are 645 Krishi Vigyankendras in the nation; centres were established in the rural districts of the country.
- Every KVK has a direct interface and linkage with at least 1000 farmers.
- Farmers and agriculturalists earlier had difficulty accessing information as there was no online monitoring system earlier.
- Portal will provide a platform to provide information and advisory to farmers and facilitate online monitoring of KVK activities.
- KVKs are the the main centre of knowledge and resource in the field of agriculture at the district level.
- This portal will help in monitoring at the national level and providing advisory and timely information to farmers.
- Mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development