VVPAT for General Elections 2019 approved
Q. What does VVPAT stand for, in voting?- Published on 21 Apr 17
a. Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail
b. Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail
c. Voter Verified Paper Auditing Trail
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for procurement of Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) Units for use in the General Elections, 2019.
The decision of the Government would enable the Election Commission of India to deploy VVPAT Units in all polling booths in the General Elections, 2019.
This will act as an additional layer of transparency for the satisfaction of voters, allaying any apprehension in the minds of the voters as to the fidelity and integrity of the EVMs.VVPAT: Know More
- Voter-verifiable paper audit trail (VVPAT) or verifiable paper record (VPR) is a method of providing feedback to voters.
- It is using a ballotless voting system.
- A VVPAT is intended as an independent verification system for voting machines designed to allow voters to verify that their vote was cast correctly.
- It is used to detect possible election fraud or malfunction, and to provide a means to audit the stored electronic results.
- It contains name of the candidate (for whom vote has been casted) and symbol of the party/ individual candidate.
You may like