YUDH ABHYAS 2016 - Indo-US joint military exercise
Q. Joint military training will be conducted in Himalayas in Chaubattia in Uttarakhand between India and US. Which name does this exercise have?- Published on 13 Sep 16
a. YUDH ABHYAS 2016
b. YUG ABHIYAS 2016
c. YUDH SHAKTI 2016
d. none of the above
ANSWER: YUDH ABHYAS 2016
Part of ongoing Indo-US defence cooperation, a joint military training exercise “YUDH ABHYAS 2016” will be conducted in the foothills of Himalayas at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand from September 14 to 27.
- Under the aegis of the Headquarter Central Command, this is one of the longest joint military training and bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and the US
- Two week exercise will witness the participation of 225 personnel of the US Army and a Congo Brigade of the Indian army
- This is the 12th edition of the exercise hosted alternately by the two nations
- Both nations will work for counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations in mountainous terrain under UN charter.
- Training will lead to a final validation exercise in which troops of both nations can carry out operations against terrorism
- The exercise will have a section on the Brigade HQ based Command Post Exercise
- This is an infantry company carrying out field training exercise and discussions on issues of mutual interest by experts in both nations.