Yudh Abhyas: One of the largest Indo-US Defence exercises
Q. What is the joint military training exercise between India and US from 14th to 27th Sept 2017 called?- Published on 08 Sep 17
a. Surya Kiran
c. Yudh Abhyas
d. Shakti Mission
ANSWER: Yudh Abhyas
As part of the ongoing Indo-US defence cooperation, a joint military training, Exercise Yudh Abhyas - 2017 is being conducted at Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington, USA from 14 to 27 September 17.
Exercise Yudh Abhyas is one of the largest joint running military training and defence corporation endeavours between India and USA.
This will be the 13th edition of the joint exercise hosted alternately between the two countries.Yudh Abhyas: Know More
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas will provide an opportunity to the armed forces of both countries to train in an integrated manner at Battalion level with joint planning at Brigade level.
- Multiple scenarios will be rehearsed during the joint exercise with a view to understand each-other’s organisational structure and battle procedures which would result in a higher degree of jointmanship that would further facilitate interoperability between the armed forces of both countries to meet any unforeseen contingency across the globe.
- The exercise is also an ideal platform to learn from each-other’s experiences of planning and execution of operations.
- Both armies will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well-developed operations for neutralisation of threats of varied nature.
- In the end a joint exercise will be undertaken by both countries in an operational setting under a UN mandate.
- Experts from both sides will also hold expert academic and military discussions to share each other’s experiences on varied topics for mutual benefit.