1) Ramesh sold a statue for a price 25% higher than the original price of the statue. He had however bought the statue at 20% discount on the original price. With the profit of Rs. 2025, find the original price of the statue.
a. Rs. 6000
b. Rs. 7500
c. Rs. 3500
d. Rs. 4500
2) Price of each article of type P, Q, and R is Rs. 300, Rs. 180 and Rs. 120 respectively. Suresh buys articles of each type in the ratio 3:2:3 in Rs. 6480. How many articles of type Q did he purchase?
d. None of the above
3) A, B and C invested Rs. 10,000, Rs. 12,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively to start a resort. P sees the growth of their business and then joins them after 8 months with Rs. 6,000. They earn a profit of Rs. 1560 at the end of the year. What would be difference of shares of profit of C and P?
a. Rs. 520
b. Rs. 640
c. Rs. 420
d. Rs. 450
4) Consider statements A and B given below and decide whether they are enough to find the time needed for two trains to cross each other when they are travelling in opposite directions and one train is moving at a speed of 86 km/hr.
Statement A – Trains are of equal length of 350m
Statement B – Other train is moving with speed 83 km/hr
a. Only statement B is enough
b. Any one statement if given is enough to find the answer
c. Both statements together are needed to find the answer
d. Even both statements together are not enough to find the answer
ANSWER: Both statements together are needed to find the answer
5) A group wanted to renovate their club. Each member contributed an amount equal to twice the number of members in the club. But the government contributed same amount as the number of members. If each member had contributed the same amount as the number of members and the government had given an amount twice the number of members, then they would have Rs. 210 less. How many members are there?
6) What is value of
|(40.25 ÷ 5) + (0.07 x 5)|
|(0.15 x 8) + (0.18 ÷ 0.2)|
7) In a country 55% population is female. 80% of the male population is literate. How much of females are literate if total literacy is 58%?
8) A bus is going to Goa from Pune. With 4 stops of 15 minute each, the average speed of the bus comes out to be 45 m/hr. But if the driver takes the bus without any stops, the average peed comes out to be 50 km/hr. How far is Goa from Pune?
a. 1350 km
b. 450 km
c. 360 km
d. 630 km
9) Ajay and Raj together have Rs. 1050. On taking Rs. 150 from Ajay, Ajay will have same amount as what Raj had earlier. Find the ratio of amounts with Ajay and Raj initially.
10) A cistern can be filled in 6 hours by taps P and Q. If tap R also joins them, then cistern is filled in 5 hours. Tap P can fill the cistern at twice the rate of tap Q. In what time tap Q and R fill the cistern?
a. 9.75 hours
b. 10. 90 hours
c. 11.25 hours
d. 12.90 hours
11) How many minimum number of square tiles are needed to cover a rectangular floor of dimension 5.25m and 5.10m completely?
12) A vase has a marked price of Rs. 560. Simran pays Rs. 336 for it because she got 2 successive discounts, one of 20% and other of _____
13) Mayur travels from Mumbai to Jammu in 7 different ways. But he is allowed to return to Mumbai by any way except the one he used earlier. In how many ways can he complete his journey?
14) A locker in bank has 3 digit lock. Mahesh forgot his password and was trying all possible combinations. He took 6 seconds for each try. The problem was that each digit can be from 0 to 9. How much time will be needed to by Mahesh to try all the combinations?
a. 90 minutes
b. 120 minutes
c. 60 minutes
d. 100 minutes
15) A square farm of side 240 meters has a small rectangular area for barn construction. This barn area has its length 10 meters more than its breadth and its area measures one-eighth the square farm. How much the owner has to spend to build a wall around the barn area at rate of Rs. 1.5 per meter?
a. Rs. 510
b. Rs. 470
c. Rs. 3500
d. Rs. 980
16) 16. A*B implies A2+B2. What is the value of 6*(2*4)?
17) Original breadth of a rectangular box is 20 cm. The box was then remade in such a way that its length got increased by 30% but the breadth decreased by 20%. This led to an increase in area by 100sq.cm. What is the new area of the box?
a. 3600 sq.cm.
b. 3200 sq.cm.
c. 2600 sq.cm.
d. 2500 sq.cm.
18) Which of the following exactly denotes the average price of all the goods together if, Ramesh buys ‘a’ number of goods of type ‘A’ at price of Rs. ‘E’ each, ‘b’ number of goods of type ‘B’ at price of Rs. ‘F’ each and ‘c’ number of goods of type ‘C’ at price of Rs. ‘G’ each?
a. (E+F+G) / (a+b+c)
b. (AE+BF+CG) / (a+b+c)
c. (aE+bF+cG) / (a+b+c)
d. (aA+bB+cC) / (a+b+c)
19) Four-fifth of one-eighth of 3/4th of A is 64. What is the cube root of 3/5th of A?
20) Mahesh asked 32 men to build his house in 20 days. 80% of the work got completed in just 12 days. So Mahesh removed some workers. Now how many persons does he need to complete the remaining work in decided time?