1) Rohan wants to build a tank in 20 days for which he hires 60 workers. After 10 days, he sees that only 30% work has been done. To speed up the process and get the tank built in stipulated time, how many workers should work on the tank?
2) What will be increase in area of an equilateral triangle if its side is increased by 20%?
3) How much does the sarees sales revenue of Uday increase, if Uday announces 25% discount on sarees and the saree sales volume increase by 40%?
a. 15% increase
b. 5% increase
c. -5% increase
d. There is no increase
4) The value of 25.25 – 23.23 + 24.24 is
5) If least common multiple of two numbers is 225 and the highest common factor is 5 then find the numbers when one of the numbers is 25?
6) Tap P alone fills a cistern in 2 hours; while tap Q alone fills the same cistern in 3 hours. A new tap R is attached to the bottom of the cistern which can empty the completely filled cistern in 6 hours. Sunny started all three taps together at 9am. When will the tank be full?
a. 10.30 am
b. 11.15 am
c. 12 pm
d. 9.45 am
7) If Ram and Shyam together can build a house in 10 days; Ram and Arun can build it together in 12 days and Shyam and Arun can build it in 15 days. Shyam, Ram and Arun start working together. In how many days they build the house?
a. 6 days
b. 4 days
c. 8 days
d. 12 days
8) Jammu Express is 1.2 km long and is running along the Kerala express at speed of 80km/hr. Kerala express is 2/3rd the length of Jammu express and runs at 60 km/hr. How much time will it take for Jammu express to overtake the Kerala express?
a. 12 minutes
b. 6 minutes
c. 3 minutes
d. 8 minutes
9) In a room there are 2 green chairs, 3 yellow chairs and 4 blue chairs. In how many ways can Raj choose 3 chairs so that at least one yellow chair is included?
10) Anil has a rectangular farm and he builds a road along the border of the farm from outside. The road is 5m wide and has an area of 600 m2. What is ratio of breadth and length of the farm?
d. Cannot be determined
11) Average age of 7 family members is 75 years. But average age of 6 of them is 74 years 6 months. What is the age of the 7th family member?
12) What is the possibility of having 53 Thursdays in a non-leap year?
13) Guddi invested some money in a bank at rate of 6% per annum. At simple interest, after 9 years, she got Rs. 8470. How much did she invest?
a. Rs. 5250
b. Rs. 6550
c. Rs. 6400
d. Rs. 5500
14) A wooden rectangular plank has dimensions 12m and 6 m. Three circular portions are cut from the plank having diameters 2m, 2m and 1m.How much area of the plank remains?
a. (288-9π)/3 sq.m.
b. (288-3π)/4 sq.m.
c. (72-9π)/4 sq.m.
d. (288-9π)/4 sq.m.
15) In a drawer there are 5 black socks and 3 green socks. Two socks are picked randomly one after the other without replacement. What is the possibility that both the socks are black?
16) What should come in place of question mark in
17) In a drawer there are 4 white socks, 3 blue socks and 5 grey socks. Two socks are picked randomly. What is the possibility that both the socks are of same color?
18) A can complete a work in 12 days and B can complete in 8 days. A works for 8 hours every day while B works for 10 hours every day. If A and B together start working 8 hours per day, in how many days will they complete the work?
a. 8 days
b. 60/11 days
c. 39/12 days
d. 15/8 days
19) Ramesh and Suresh start a hotel. Ramesh invested Rs. 6000 and Suresh invested Rs. 5000. Ramesh’s investment was for 4 months and Suresh’s was for 8 months. If total profit was Rs. 6000, how much more profit than Ramesh did Suresh get?
a. Rs. 1500
b. Rs. 4500
c. Rs. 3000
d. Rs. 1800
20) What should come in place of question mark in