ANSWER: None of the above
The helpline Bunkar Mitra for handloom weavers went live on Jan 4, 2016. It can be accessed by dialing the toll free number 1800-208-9988.
- Through the helpline, weavers can obtain assistance on:
- Technical issues,
- Guidance for raw material supply,
- Availing credit facility,
- Quality control,
- Access to marketing linkages and
- Information about various schemes and procedures to avail benefits.
One of the key features of 'Bunkar Mitra' is that the grievance/query raised by weavers has to be resolved in 72 hours. If the grievance/query is not resolved within the given time frame, it will automatically be redirected to a director-level officer.
A back-end dashboard has been set up not only to keep track of the queries/grievances but also find areas where weavers face maximum difficulty according to a tweet by the Textiles Ministry. The minister has also instructed officials to prepare a monthly report to analyse the nature of grievances and keep track of redressals.
The helpline provides a single point of contact to handloom weavers across the country for addressing queries and providing guidance. The service is available in seven languages: Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada and Assamese.Know More About India Handloom Brand Scheme
- Handloom production generates employment and is eco friendly in line with Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas.
- India Handloom brand would be evolved based on high quality defect free, socially and environmentally compliant product.
- It will be catering to the needs of the high-end consumers looking for niche handmade products. The scheme would initially be voluntary.
- The producers would be encouraged to maintain the quality of the product, which will be specified. All the products under the brand should have the benchmarked quality for the raw material.
- Also included are the processing as well as for packing and labeling besides proving the origin from the hand-woven sector.
- The stakeholders comprise Weavers, Master Weavers, Primary Co-operative Societies, Apex Handloom Societies, Retailers and Exporters.
These are directly involved in the production and marketing of their produce in the domestic and in the export market.