The indigenously developed e-Wallet Tokapoisa.in aims to enable the people of the state for hassle-free online transactions in local language.
It will be launched on the occasion of Digi Dhan mela to be held in Guwahati.
Tokapoisa.in has been developed by the AMTRON to facilitate government-related transactions. It is using mobile application.
Besides being an e-Wallet, it will be a virtual payment terminal.
It will be a virtual payment terminal.
He said government-related transactions could also be possible through the mobile application.
It has a feature of ‘accounting package’ for such small traders who cannot engage full-time accountants to keep their financial records.
To enable offline payment, local cards will be available for paying through Tokapoisa.in.
It will be available via popular commercial online services for download.
It will be unveiled on the inaugural day of a state-level DigiDhan Mela here on January 11 next.
Meanwhile, Assam's Khetri gaon panchayat is being made fully digital.
It will be formally announced as the first digital GP of the state soon.
DigiDhan Mela will also see the launch of an e-payment portal of the Finance Department in association with the State Bank of India.
About Digi Dhan Mela
- The DigiDhan Mela is being organised to promote cashless transaction.
- It helps to adopt digital payment practice.
- It also aims to help users in downloading, installing and using various digital payment systems.
- Systems are for carrying out digital transactions.
- The mela will also provide free wifi at the venue to enable citizens to download and install mobile apps.
- It will be aiding on the spot digital payments.
- The event will see participation from a lot of organizations.
- These include e-wallet operators, banks, telecom companies, networking firms, oil companies, merchant associations and government agencies.