The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the National Award to Teachers - 2016 on the occasion of Teachers’ Day, in New Delhi.
Shri Venkaiah Naidu also launched DIKSHA portal, a national digital infrastructure for teachers. DIKSHA will enable, accelerate and amplify solutions in the realm of teacher education.
Basically the DIKSHA Portal is created to provide digital and advance technology to the teachers.
The main purpose of the Diksha portal is to focus the whole life cycle of the teacher, from the point they are student teachers till their retirement.
The HRD ministry has also set up a slogan “National Digital Infrastructure for Our Teachers Our Heroes” for DIKSHA national teachers portal.
For all the information regarding the national teachers portal you can visit official website diksha.gov.in.
Through this portal the teachers can take the benefit of the current digital infrastructure which is created for the teachers of the country.
Benefits & Features of DIKSHA Portal: Know More
- The HRD ministry has launched this portal to provide new and modern technologies to the teachers.
- It is journey to make technology work for the teachers.
- The teachers can learn free courses online at their home.
- Teachers can take the training through this portal in both modes offline as well as online.
- The portal will help the teachers to direct themselves, as they join the Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs).
- Through this portal the teachers can take quality content and the content can be shared in multiple people and the infrastructure is multi channel.
- It can be accessed on various formats like PCs, mobile phones, tablets etc.
- The aim is “Sabko Shiksha aur Acchi Shiksha” to “teach to transform, educate to empower and learn to lead”.