1) India has signed 4 agreements to boost bilateral relations with which country on Dec 3, 2016?
India and Qatar on Dec 3, 2016 signed 4 agreements to boost bilateral relations between the two nations.
Agreements were inked in New Delhi after delegation level talks between India’s PM Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Qatar Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani.
Emir Al Thani was on a two-day visit to India.
List of agreements exchanged included:
- Agreement of exemption from visa requirement for holders of diplomatic, special and official passports.
- Protocol on Technical Cooperation in cyber space and combating cyber crime.
- Letter of intent regarding negotiations on agreement on the grant of e-visa to businesses and tourists of two countries.
- MoU between Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy of Qatar and Confederation of Indian Industry: This MoU will provide the framework for project experts for Indian companies in Qatar, including through participation in infrastructure projects in Qatar undertaken for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Besides, a MoU to collaborate and exchange in the field of national ports management was inked between Qatar Ports Management Company "Mwani Qatar” and Indian Ports Global Private Limited (IPGPL).
- Peninsular Arab country.
- Capital City: Doha
- Currency: Qatari riyal
- Population: 2.169 million (World Bank, 2013)
- GDP per capita: 93,714.06 USD (World Bank, 2013)