CV for Purchase Manager - Sample
GUR RAJ SINGH
Flat No. ***, Garden Hill Residency,
Contact No. : +91-99********
- More than 5 years of experience in various facets of procuring materials from national and international markets.
- Experienced with inviting and allotting tenders.
- Expertise in developing local vendors, reducing the cost of procurement of material.
- Successfully implemented vendor development programmes including training for vendors.
- Experienced with implementing systems of inventory management avoiding over-stocking or wastage.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Key SkillsFor Purchase management
For Vendor Development
- Setting up the weekly, monthly, quarterly procurement plan.
- Procurement of raw material from national and international market.
- Development of alternative local sources for imported raw materials which helps in cost saving.
- Purchasing machines with improved technology to increase production.
- Planning and budgeting of purchase functions, involving cost estimation, contract negotiations.
- Inviting and allotting tenders.
- Liaison with the production department to maintain optimum inventory.
- Implementing systems to avoid situations like over-stocking or out-of-stock which cause production and financial losses.
- Liaison with finance department for timely payment of bills.
- Developing reports on procurement and usage of material for top management.
For Stores Management
- Effective management of vendor database.
- ABC classification of vendors on the basis of criteria like cost, quality, timely delivery etc.
- Development of new vendors.
- Conducting trainings for vendors to educate them about company’s requirements and help them in improving their performance.
- Evaluating vendors & negotiating the price, delivery schedule and terms and conditions with them.
- Timely clearance of payments & handling vendor inquiries.
- Running programmes to evaluate vendors based on the feedback from internal stake holders.
- Developing reports on various programmes run for vendor development for top management.
- Maintaining the stock of material without any variance by conducting stock verification and documentation.
- Implementing Standard Operating Procedures within the warehouse.
- Regularizing material receipts and ensuring the fluidity of stocks from warehouse to stores.
- Saved 80 Lacs Rupees in the year 2010 for “XYZ Company” by identifying domestic vendors to supply material which was earlier imported.
- Saved 10 Lac Rupees for “XYZ Company” in the year 2010 by implementing new vendor training programmes.
- Procured a machine with improved technology in 2009 for “ABC Company” which increased the production by 50%.
- Revived old vendors supplying crucial raw material by effective management of database which saved time in looking out for new vendors and started immediate production for “ABC company” in the year 2009.
- Working as Purchase and Vendor Development Manager for “XYZ Co.” from Jan’2010 to present.
- Worked as Asst Manager - Purchase and Vendor Develoment for “ABC Co.” from Jan’2006 - Dec’2009.
- Engineering Graduate from “ABC University” with 70% marks.
- Diploma holder in “Vendor management” from “XYZ institute”.
- Well versed with MS Office, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Personal DetailsDate of birth:
18th Feb, 19**Languages known:
English, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi