General Manager Resume - Sample 1
MOB: 91 98XXXXXXXXX
To obtain an efficient and objective performance with optimum guest satisfaction to enable a greater sense of achievement and better prospect.
- A graduate (B.Sc) from XXXXXXXXXXXX passed in the year 1997 with 57% marks.
- Completed three years diploma in hotel management, catering technology and XXXXXXXX from INSTITUTE OF HOTEL AND RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT,XXXXXXX in 1997 - 2000.
- Completed six months specialization in food and beverage service from INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT, XXXXXXX in the year 2000.
- Completed [two years] Master’s in Hotel Administration equivalent to MBA from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Professional ExperienceReponsibilities Handled
- Working as property head / management head.
- Set up all the departments.
- Generate system for smooth operation.
- Marketing our brand to different corporate offices.
- Man Management.
- Staff recruitment & organize proper training.
- Oversee entire operation of all service departments.
- Provide strategic direction to departmental heads on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor key business accounts and provide all operational support.
- Conduct periodic review along with departmental heads.
- Optimize operational efficiencies and achieve higher productivity.
- Create new revenue opportunities and enhance value proposition to the end customer.
- Play a pivotal role towards the business growth and align with the other functional heads as to achieve operational synergieswithin the organization.
- Liasoning with government departments for licensing and other matters.
- Finalized operational budgets and monitor the same.
- Undertook cost saving measures within operational areas.
- Provided support to the Directors in formulation of operational/ projects strategies and the review of the same from time to time.
- Conduct operational audits to sustain and enhance effectiveness of all services.
- Achieve organic growth by maintaining customer delight on service quality.
- Achieved economies of Scale to bring down cost.
- Created new revenue opportunities and enhance value proposition to the end customer.
- Played a pivotal role towards the business growth and align with the other functional heads as to achieve operational synergies within the organization.
- Liasoning with Govt. depts. for licensing and other matters.(with the help of some local agents)
- To review periodically pricing policy
Varanasi, INDIA, Oct 2009 to till datePosition:
General ManagerHOTEL XXXXXX:
XXXX, INDIA, Oct 2007 to Sep 2009.Position:
General ManagerXXXXXXXXX’S THE GRAND:
XXX, INDIA, Oct 2006 to Sep 2007.
- Driving cars
- Riding motor bikes
- Playing football
- Share trading
- MS Office, Photoshop, PageMaker, CorelDraw, AutoCAD, Internet, Hardware & Wi-Fi Setup.
Personal DetailsDate of Birth:Permanent Address:Languages known:
General Manager Resume - Sample 2
Cell : 9944446639
To work in an organization where my talent and hard work will be recognized and which will provide me with an opportunity and scope to grow in your esteemed organization.
MBA(Finance) with more than 13 years of experience in a manufacturing / engineering industries in managing the overall finance, accounts & Commercial functions with Strategy Planning, Project & Working Capital Finance, Profit Centre & Fund Management, Budgeting, Accounting, MIS, Cost control, Direct & Indirect Taxation and Statutory Compliance across the tenures.
COMPUTER PROFICIENCYOperating System:
ERP-SIGFA, FoxPro, M.S.Office, and Tally ERP 9.2
Diploma in Computer Application.MBA:
Finance from XXXXX University.ICWA:
Cost Accountancy'- Inter from XXXXX.BBA:
Bachelor of Business Administration from XXXXX University.
ORGANIZATIONAL EXPERIENCECompany :
XXXXXX as a General Manager - Accounts & Finance.Responsibilities
Strategic Financial Planning
- Demonstrated business acumen in leading and managing the operation, effectively discharging the functions and achieving higher rate of growth.
- Extensive experience in conceptualizing and implementing financial procedures and actively involved in the maintenance & finalization of accounts, audits, working capital management, profit monitoring and costing.
- Handling direct and indirect taxation, MIS and building internal financial controls.
- Adept at development of financial policies / Guideline for effective fund management.
- An exemplary communicator with expertise in liaising with diverse statutory agencies for securing mandatory approvals.
- Handling finance functions involving determining financial objectives, Designing & implementing systems, policies & Procedures to facilitate internal financial control.
- Formulating need - based business strategies for long term and short term goals of the organization for maximizing profitability & revenue generation & realize organizational goals.
- Instituting internal control system viz. debtors' management, stock monitoring, as well as keeping a constant vigil over overhead expenses.
Fund Management / Budgeting
- Screening new projects and conducting feasibility studies, projecting cash flow & ROI and apprising management of potential future profitable projects.
- Monitoring projects with respect to cost. Resource deployment, Time over-runs, Quality compliance and manpower planning to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Preparing project reports, working capital loan applications and arranging for term loans from financial institutions and working capital loans from banks.
Accounts / MIS / Audit
- Formulating regular budgets and conducting variance analysis to determine difference between projected figures & actual expenditure and implementing corrective actions.
- Liaising and negotiating with banks and financial institutions for raising funds and non-funds based facilities to meet working capital and project requirements.
- Managing treasury functions involving optimum utilization of surplus funds in profitable investments to achieve higher returns, ensuring minimum liquidity position.
- Preparing & administering the finalization of year-end financial statements as per Indian GAAP. Handling preparation and maintenance of various books / registers of all the group companies.
- Making MIS reports to provide top management with the feedback on performance. Preparing cash flow / funds flow statements to track the inflow / outflow of funds, ensuring optimum utilization of available funds towards the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- Supervising accounts audits of all the group companies and dealing with statutory and internal auditors.
Commercial Affairs / Administration
- Preparing and filing necessary documents & returns such as TDS, Service Tax, ST returns, Income tax returns, exemption related benefits, registrations etc., and all taxation matters as required under Customs / Excise / Sales Tax and Income tax.
- Interacting & coordinating with clients and Suppliers for providing value added services to customers & resolving their grievances in effective manner.
- Coordinating with ROC and complying with their various guidelines issued from time to time. Handling statutory compliance under all labour laws like ESIC, PF, Bonus, Minimum Wages Act, Workmen Compensation Act and Factories Act.
- Managing functions related to purchase of imported / indigenous raw material and machines.
- Handling legal functions and industrial relations, payroll, estate management, security and communication services.
- Handling activities related to getting approvals for various land allotments from authority for various projects for construction of factory buildings / dealing with Sub Registrar office etc.
- Holds the distinction of maximizing profits though continuous and innovative means of cost reduction, enhancing quality, increasing margins and converting to more value added items.
- Successfully managed the forex exposure (USD and Euro) of group amounting to $ 150 Million annually.
- Enhancement of CC limit from 15 Cr to 21 Cr within a short span period of time.
- Expertise in arrangement of Syndication of loan from various financial institutions for Project and Various Business requirements.
- Expertise in handling of liaison works with various Govt. Agencies with regards to Formation New Company, Project Approvals, etc.
XXXXXXXX as a Manager Accounts & Finance.Responsibilities
- Managing overall accounting activities of cash/bank books general ledger & finalize all books of accounts.
- Generating P&L accounts and annual reports and responsible for finalization & reconciliation of accounts & financial statements with the HO and all South Branch accounts.
- Monitoring compliance to the budgetary plans and conducting variance analysis.
- Verifying operational efficiency levels & recommending cost control measures for improvement in accounting/ taxation processes.
- Ensure timely Processing and payment to parties, Authorizing Debit & Credit Advice, Bank & Creditors Reconciliation, Deduction and filling of TDS Return.
- Authorizing dispatch activities including pricing matters. Monitoring Banking activity and Handling Sales, Purchases, Exports documentation work, Bank Guarantees, LC, and Inventory & Insurance.
- Responsible for monthly stock statement for Bank purpose.
- Interfacing with Internal, Statutory and Tax Auditors, providing them with all necessary documents as per audit requirement; evaluating procedures to highlight the shortcomings and implementing recommendations.
- Involving in assessment, & filling of sales tax and Central Excise, including HR activity compliance to all statutory & regulatory requirements.
- Finalization of provisional assessment and attending appeal cases.
- Formulating budgets and conducting variance analysis to determine difference between projected and actual results and implementing corrective actions.
- Generating & maintaining MIS & reports for cash flow/ debtors outstanding statements, costing and budgeting cash expenditure for profit center.
- Controlling store operations including verification of stock registers and managing physical inventory by physical stock taking as per MSOD requirement.
- Monitoring and controlling expenses and overheads to minimize cost and higher return.
- Responsible for ensuring and controlling manufacturing cost of raw materials, WIP and Finished Goods in order to maximize profit margin, Financial Costing/ Valuation of Inventory and WIP, Budgetary forecasting and activity analysis.
- Preparation of various costing reports covering the entire gamut of operations at the month end or when needed and required on a day-to-day basis.
- Distinction of setting up the inventory management systems, Costing, MIS & material accounting system.
- Served as key member of cost down team which was involved in numerous cost reduction mechanisms and achieved cost reductions through effective negotiation with Vendors.
XXXXXXX as Asst. ManagerResponsibilities
- Handled day-to-day accounts and finance, commercial and administration functions.
- Responsible for statutory matters in respect of Sales tax, Central Excise, Income tax, etc.
- Management of receivables and payables on daily basis in close interaction with the debtors of both head office and the branch.
- Reconciliation of year-end accounts balances in respect of debtors and creditors.
- Finalization of ledger balance by controlling transaction of creditors and debtors.
- Well versed with banking procedures relating to limit enhancements, controlling revenue expenses of administration and other non-fund finances.
- Submission of MSOD statement monthly.
- Daily monitoring of raw materials, semi finished and finished goods and procuring required raw materials to meet customers requirement.
- Planning and providing funds to suppliers like Bills purchase/discount and opening of LC / Bank guarantee.
- Arranging term loan for purchase of new machinery through bank.
- Preparation of various MIS reports, covering the entire gamut of operations at the month end or when needed and required on a day-to-day basis.
- Independently handling of all Sales Tax matters and compilation of statutory returns, assessment and finalization.
- Independently handled of all Central Excise matters in relation to returns.
- Liasioning with Inspection and audit department of excise.
- Calculation of TDS for various categories & remittance before due date of payments.
- Liasioning with related Government departments and also co-ordination with Internal and external auditors.
XXXXXXX as a Executive Accounts & Finance.Responsibilities
- Handling day-to-day accounts and finance functions.
- Responsible for statutory matters in respect of Sales tax, Central Excise, including Inspector of Factories, ESI, PF.
- Opening foreign Letter of credit (FLC), and clearance of Imported goods documents.
- Planning and providing funds to meet day to day expenses.
- General Ledger scrutiny and verification of purchase invoices with purchase orders and reconciliation of suppliers' accounts and debtors accounts.
- Preparation of cash flow and funds flow statements.
- Preparation various MIS Reports and submitting to management day to day and covering the entire gamut of operation at the month end or when needed and required on periodically basis to Management.
- Providing inputs for business plan and budgeting.
- Established PF & ESI for all employees and done documentation works allotted a PF & ESI No, and Handled Pollution control board problem.
- Earlier sales tax activities were finalized through consultants, later on all the responsibilities relating to sales tax activity including finalization of assessment where handled by me.
- Computerized all accounting and reports, modified expenses and overheads accounting methods, which can be traced according to our convenient and control.
- Expanded the unit and reduced the sub-contractors and cost.
- Suggested Management to go for ISO Quality Management Systems Certification in which Working as a Management Representative, and got the Certificate from NVT KEMA Netherlands.
PERSONAL PROFILEDate of Birth :Permanent Address :Languages known :