Different types of micro-operations - Computer architecture and design
What are the different types of micro-operations?
The micro-operations in computers are classified into the following categories:
- Register transfer micro-operations: These type of micro operations are used to transfer from one register to another binary information.
- Arithmetic micro-operations : These micro-operations are used to perform on numeric data stored in the registers some arithmetic operations.
- Logic micro-operations: These micro operations are used to perform bit style operations / manipulations on non numeric data.
- Shift micro operations: As their name suggests they are used to perform shift operations in data store in registers.
- RE: Different types of micro-operations - Computer architecture and design -Hardeep (01/27/14)