|Explain all the addressing modes of the 8085 with the help of examples.
05-25-2012 03:18 AM
Explain all the addressing modes of the 8085 with the help of examples.
The various types of addressing modes of the 8085 are as follows:
- Direct addressing: The instructions in itself contain the opearand. For ex. STA5513H or in/out instructions such as IN PORT C.
- Register addressing: The general purpose registers contain the operands. For ex. MOV A, B;
- Register indirect addressing: This involves the use of register pairs instead of a single register. For ex MOV A, M; ADD M.
- Immediate addressing: The example are MVI A, 07; or ADI 0F etc.
- Implicit addressing: this form of addressing contains no operands. For ex. RAR, CMA etc.