Business and Ethics do not go together - Group Discussion
They say that “Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do”. It is true that morals and values differs for an individual, concerns come in our professional lives. When people at work pressurize you to things, often we ignore our ethics.
- In today’s situation with immense pressure and competition, business and ethics can’t go together.
- A couple of times because we follow ethics, it hinders us from succeeding because it squanders time.
- Ethics are usually bound and nurtured by religion, family values etc. Such forms cannot work well in business where you are expected to be professional and practical.
- A businessman should know how to handle pressure, stress and competition and not how to be ethical.
- We all want to make quick money. In today’s market, being ethical takes a toll on you.
- Ethics unlike a balance sheet don’t have visibility. People today judge you based on money and not ethics.
- Ethics makes you stronger and independent. People cant deceive you easily.
- Not following ethics makes you a selfish person.
- There is nothing wrong in making profit. But, making profit by unethical means could cost a lot of people harm, mentally.
- Customer’s perspective is to link with a company with ethics and values. They know that will never be forged.
- Being ethical in business creates a sense of responsibility towards society.
Morals and values are extremely individualistic. It’s incorrect to say that you cant succeed if you are ethical in business. You will probably take some more time to succeed. You cant force someone to follow ethics.
More from CareerRide