Career in Automobile Engineering - options and opportunities
Career in Automobile Engineering - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Automobile Engineering - options and opportunities -DUHILESH D (07/20/17)
- you are really fantastic bro
- RE: Career in Automobile Engineering - options and opportunities -Seema n (11/15/16)
- I have completed dimplom in automobile engineering in 2009. Now I have planed join to 2nd PUC commerce.that oppesion is available or not.
- job purpose -kunal kumar (07/13/16)
- now doing job in automobile company jcb patliputra equipment pvt ltd.
- RE: Career in Automobile Engineering - options and opportunities -Rohit Sharma (11/29/11)
Automobile engineering is also called vehicle engineering, one of the most challenging fields in engineering but at the same time it has more growth opportunity worldwide. Automobile engineering has another name which is termed as automotive engineering which deals with designing, manufacturing, developing, testing and maintenance of the automobiles. Automobile Engineers are classified into three streams namely Product or Design Engineering, Development Engineering and last but not the least Manufacturing Engineering. It combines different engineering methods such as electrical, safety, software, mechanical and so on to provide a better maintenance and services for your vehicles. This field requires lots of hard work and dedication to learn the profession and to achieve the success. Engineers in this field deals with creation, design, service, and manufacture of different vehicles which works efficiently and produce good result to satisfy the customers.
Performance and growth of industry in India
The growth of automobile engineering is such that, it provides a platform for the engineers to explore new horizons and areas. The growth of automobile engineering is very high and it is on the peak of adding more features to this field. India is on the verge of expansion in this sector and it is considered to be one of the leading manufacturers in development and production of two and three wheelers. This made India to be globally recognized by foreign countries.
Options and Opportunities
Due to growth in automobile sector the job opportunities are also growing. There are opportunities lying in the area of manufacturing, service station, transport companies, defense services. One can go for higher studies to gain more experience and can do M.Tech or PhD to further enhance their knowledge. They can also opt for lectureship or for the post of professor in engineering colleges/universities.
- B.E in Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- M.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Automobile Maintenance
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Certificate Programme in Automobile Technology
- After passing 10th a candidate can opt for diploma programme in Automobile Engineering and after that they can further pursue their post graduate diploma or even can get an Engineering degree for which a diploma holders need to have 50% marks in aggregate.
- For B.E/B.Tech in Automobile Engineering - 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical with high percentage of marks
- For M.E/M.Tech - Bachelor’s degree in B.E/B.Tech
- For pursuing Ph.D degree a candidate should hold master’s degree in automobile engineering.
Some good institutes
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal
- Bharath Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai,
- Sastra University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
- Annamalai University Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu
- Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Banglore
Selection of candidates for B.E/B.Tech courses is made on the basis of following entrance exams which are conducted both at national and state level:
- Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT JEE)
- All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE),
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- BS Abdur Rahman University Engineering Entrance Examination (BSAUEEE)
- Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET)
- Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)
- Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test (MPPET)
- SRM Engineering Entrance Examination
- University of Delhi Combined Entrance Examination (CEE)
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE)
Selection of candidates for M.E/M.Tech courses is through
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Bharath University M.Tech entrance exam
- JNTU M.Tech Entrance Exam
- Noorul Islam University M.Tech Entrance Exam
- Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam