Managing the Undo Tablespace - Oracle placement test
1) Which three pieces of information are considered while deciding the size of the undo tablespace in your database?
A) The size of an undo block
B) Undo blocks generated per second
C) The value of the UNDO_RETENTION parameter
D) The size of the redo log files
E) A, B and C
F) A, B and DView Answer / Hide Answer
2) The UNDO_RETENTION parameter in your database is set to 1000 and undo retention is not guaranteed, Which statement regarding retention of undo data is correct?
A) Undo data becomes obsolete after 1,000 seconds
B) Undo data gets refreshed after every 1,000 seconds
C) Undo data will be stored permanently after 1,000 seconds
D) Committed undo data would be retained for 1,000 seconds if free undo space is available
E) Undo data will be retained in the UNDO tablespace for 1,000 seconds, then it gets moved to the TEMPORARY tablespace to provide read consistencyView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: D) Committed undo data would be retained for 1,000 seconds if free undo space is available
3) Which operations require undo data?
A) Committing a transaction
B) Rolling back a transaction
C) Recovering from failed transactions
D) Both B & C
E) Both A & BView Answer / Hide Answer
4) You require the Oracle server to manage the undo segments and space among various active sessions automatically. You created an undo tablespace, UNDO_TBS1, in your database. Which two additional steps would you perform to achieve this?
A) Set the UNDO_RETENTION parameter to 900 or more
B) Create an initial undo segment in the undo tablespace
C) Set the UNDO_TABLESPACE parameter to UNDO_TBS1
D) Set the UNDO_MANAGEMENT initialization parameter to AUTO
E) Both A & B
F) Both C & DView Answer / Hide Answer
5) In viewing information about undo which view is useful for monitoring the effects of transaction execution on undo space in the current instance?
D) DBA_UNDO_EXTENTSView Answer / Hide Answer
6) The Database Resource Manager directive UNDO_POOL allows DBAs to limit the amount of undo space consumed by a group of users?
B) FalseView Answer / Hide Answer
7) identify the common Dynamic Performance views which are accessible in NOMOUNT stage?
A) V$PARAMETER, V$OPTION, V$SGA
B) V$THREAT, V$LOGFILE, V$DATAFILE
C) BOTH A & B
D) V$CONTROLFILE, V$DATABASEView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: A) V$PARAMETER, V$OPTION, V$SGA
8) In the following which is the default permanent tablespace?
D) None of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
9) Which two statements about Flashback Query are true?
A) It is generated by using the redo log files
B) It helps in row-level recovery from user errors
C) It can be performed to recover ALTER TABLE statements
D) It fails when undo data pertaining to the transaction is overwritten
E) BOTH A & C
F) BOTH B & DView Answer / Hide Answer
10) Which two operations can be flashed back using the Flashback technology?
A) DROP USER SACHIN;
B) DROP TABLE STUDENTS;
C) DROP TABLESPACE USERS;
D) BOTH A & C
E) BOTH A & BView Answer / Hide Answer
11) Which of the following conditions exist for the tablespace being switched to, an error is reported and no switching occurs?
A) The tablespace exist
B) The tablespace is an undo tablespace
C) The tablespace is being not used by another instance
D) Both A & B
E) None of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: E) None of the above
12) The switch operation waits for transactions in the old undo tablespace to commit?
B) FalseView Answer / Hide Answer
13) Data files of which tablespaces can be recovered by performing an open recovery?
D) ALL MENTIONED ABOVEView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: D) ALL MENTIONED ABOVE