One word substitutes - MCQs with answers - Part IXChoose the correct one word to replace the given description1. The inability of a person to do without alcohol:
a. Alcohol addiction
b. Problem drinking
c. Substance abuse
d. DipsomaniaView Answer / Hide Answer
2. A state of mental weariness from lack of occupation or excitement:
ANSWER: d. Dipsomania
Example: He is regarded as a patient of dipsomania.
d. FatigueView Answer / Hide Answer
3. Inscription on a tomb:
ANSWER: a. Ennui
Example: Any man would lose his senses or die of ennui before this.
d. CommemorationView Answer / Hide Answer
4. The animals of a particular region or geological period:
ANSWER: b. Epitaph
Example: His headstone bears an impressive epitaph.
a. Animal population
d. Brute creationView Answer / Hide Answer
5. One supporting the welfare and emancipation of women:
ANSWER: b. Fauna
Example: Fauna of Russia has gone through significant change
d. SisterhoodView Answer / Hide Answer
6. An expert of art, antiques, etc.:
ANSWER: c. Feminist
Example: The modern world has also turned men into feminists.
d. ArbiterView Answer / Hide Answer
7. A philosophical theory which emphasizes the existence of an individual as a free and responsible being and responsible for the consequences of one's own act:
ANSWER: c. Connoisseur
Example: France is full of art connoisseurs.
d. OnenessView Answer / Hide Answer
8. Welcoming to guests:
ANSWER: b. Existentialism
Example: The movement of modern existentialism in visual art started in France.
d. CourteousView Answer / Hide Answer
9. Destroyer of images, especially religious:
ANSWER: a. Hospitable
Example: Indians are known to be very hospitable.
d. PersecutorView Answer / Hide Answer
10. Conferrred as an honour:
ANSWER: c. Iconoclast
Example: There were many iconoclasts among the Muslim rulers of India.
d. CelebratoryView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: c. Honorary
Example: He was conferred with an honorary doctrorate from a foreign university for his accomplishments.