PM’s vision to make India a Manufacturing Hub - dream or a practical possibility?
PM’s vision to make India a Manufacturing Hub – dream or a practical possibility?
In the Independence day speech from Red Fort PM Narendra Modi gave delivered a new approach for Indians to cease exporting the raw materials and importing the manufactured products. He gave a new vision of converting India into a ‘Manufacturing Hub’. He boosted up our good spirit to come forward and show our excellence and team spirit and earn the credit for self and gain the fame for the nation. This approach means a lot for the economy of the country in addition to the development of the industrial sector in the country. His initiative towards starting up the manufacturing of products with the raw materials that we are exporting for a long time is worth giving a bold thought. Yet, these things are far more complicated than just building a dream vision. Is PM’s vision of making India a Manufacturing Hub a dream or is that a practical possibility that could be accomplished with our best efforts?
- Indians are used to the lifestyle of earning their living by exporting raw materials and importing manufactured goods. It is difficult to change their mind-set.
- It is not very practical to set up these many manufacturing units for all the raw materials that we export. Setting up the units demands infrastructure.
- We need good amount of funds for the machineries and other requirements for establishing the industries and start up with the manufacturing process.
- We need to train the employees and staff for the organizations / manufacturing industrial set-up who can work and deliver the products on International Standards.
- We are already fighting our best to gear up the prevailing industries in order to nurture them with global level technology and deliver the end products on International Standards. It would be a much far off dream to start on with lot many manufacturing units.
- India is very rich in manpower which is the topmost requirement to start with new industrial set-up for the manufacturing process.
- Indians are hardworking. We have talents and efficiency to deliver the best output with minimal input. It is one of the reasons that Indians are hired universally for the employment. If we can work for some other nation, then why can’t we join hands together to uplift our own dooming economy?
- Our brain power is very famous throughout the world. We have new ideas and layout plans for all types of tasks and also have the efficiency to implement the same in the practical way.
- If we can curb corruption, then we would end up saving plenty funds to accommodate and initiate many new employment opportunities.
- All we need is to boost up the ‘Young India’ to have faith and confidence in their outlook and approach, who are our future stepping stones.
- The only reason that we have not been able to excel in this field is because we have never tried seriously. If we decide to start manufacturing, we can for sure do it.
We have arguments both in favour and against the setting up of new industries. With the corruption level in our country at present, the task of turning ourselves into the ‘Mnufacturing Hub’ is undoubtedly a heavy and difficult. But there is a very nice proverb that we have learnt since childhood - "Where There is Will, There is Way". If we can join hands to give ourselves this new outlook, then we can not only check the corruption, but also make the PM’s vision come true. Making India a manufacturing Hub could be the vision of Mr. Modi, but it will be a pride for every Indian.
You may like