What is RDBMS? Explain its features.RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System. It organizes data into related rows and columns.
- It stores data in tables.
- Tables have rows and column.
- These tables are created using SQL.
- And data from these tables are also retrieved using SQL.
What is RDBMS? Explain its features.RDBMS is a database management system based on relational model defined by E.F.Codd. Data is stored in the form of rows and columns. The relations among tables are also stored in the form of the table.
- Provides data to be stored in tables
- Persists data in the form of rows and columns
- Provides facility primary key, to uniquely identify the rows
- Creates indexes for quicker data retrieval
- Provides a virtual table creation in which sensitive data can be stored and simplified query can be applied.(views)
- Sharing a common column in two or more tables(primary key and foreign key)
- Provides multi user accessibility that can be controlled by individual users.