Advertising is a waste of resourcesFor
- Advertising gets the consumers close to the products.
- People are aware of the pros and cons of a product. They can make their own decisions of what’s good for them.
- Creates job opportunities for many people.
- Advertising is a mean of promoting goods. Since more people become aware, there is more revenue.
- Advertising on TV is a big relief from the daily tele soaps that have nothing but drama.
- Advertising plays an important role in passing information such as AIDS, contraception etc. people are aware of health disorders and how to overcome them.
Spending so much on advertising is not called for.
- Instead of this, money can be spent on other issue like poverty etc.
- Most of the celebrities that are endorsed don’t even use the product. It is simply to mislead the consumer.
- Most of the children products like games; chocolates are simply to lure children even though the product may not be healthy.
- By spending a lot of money, the brand producers are not even bothered whether or not their product is being sold or not.
- Most of the times, the advertisements are not even ethical. To promote their product, the advertisement can go against any other product of some other brand.
Most of the times advertisements spend so much of money on flashy videos, images, animation etc without having the need to help consumers realize how economical can the product be.
Advertising, to summarize is acceptable. Although, it does not make sense to spend a lot of time and money by endorsing big celebrities, end of the day, what matters is the product not the ambassador. People, due to curiosity may even try and use the product, however, not for a long time. As long as the consumers are aware of the “facts”, advertising is fine.