Freedom of press should existFor
Whenever the word “press” is heard of, the immediate thought is news and updates!
- When the primary job of press is to report news, there should be no restrictions.
- India is a democratic country. The media and press should be given all the rights to publish the truth. This way people will not be blind folded.
- It is said that voice of press is voice of public. No freedom given to press is suppressing public’s voice.
- Media creates awareness about violence and social issues. This brings in a fear in people.
- In this era of so many technological advances, competition etc. press cannot be restricted of what needs to be written. Their primary job is to inform people about updates.
- Press brings up social and religious issues., it helps citizens realize their moral duties.
Media is known to create hype!
- The hype and propaganda created by media can hurt sentiments of many people.
- Most of the issues covered by media are that of entertainment and politicians. The most important issues of farmers, poverty take a back seat.
- To increase the ratings of the newspapers, gossips from the entertainment industry are given more importance.
- If not restricted, it might bring issues like inter community misunderstanding, violence amongst youngsters etc.
- Domestic issues and crimes are over hyped that may provoke young children.
- The use of words and superlatives may be de motivating for a large number of people.
To summarize, anything in excess can be harmful. If the media knows where to draw a line there will be no need for any restriction. If the content written is appropriate and does not hurt sentiments of any community, freedom to media should be given.