Global warming is the increase in temperature of the earth’s surface and oceans.Causes
- Different gasses emitted from power plants, cars, air planes. Gasses like Carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide are the main culprits.
- Pollution – the polluted gasses emitted from the vehicles are the biggest cause of global warming.
- Population – Most of the populating countries will demand more vehicles, more demand for agriculture. This results in more methane because there will be more burning of fossil fuels.
Solution / prevention
- To start with, plants and animals will be affected the most. This is because high temperatures will melt ice in Greenland and Antarctica increasing the rise of sea level.
- High temperatures will make agriculture next to impossible. Only areas that will be left little cold can withstand the agriculture.
- The rise in sea level will pollute the salt water, empty reservoirs and results in water scarcity.
- Global warming will result in more heart related ailments.
- In the worst scenario, the environment will be destructed leading to floods, drought etc.
- To ensure the vehicles are not emitting polluted gases.
- To plant more trees.
- To make extensive use of renewable energy.
Should Surrogate advertising be allowed?
Group discussion - Should Surrogate advertising be allowed? - Surrogate means replacement. Surrogate advertising is adopted by companies whose products were banned and now “surrogate” or substitute the brand name with another product.....
Satellite channels are creating cultural erosion
Group discussion - Satellite channels are creating cultural erosion - Satellite channels can be any medium that helps to pass information to public. TV channels, mobile phones etc can be one of them......
You may like